1/48 Zvezda Yak-3 "White 6"

On 14/09/2017 at 09:35, DennisTheBear said:

That is a beautiful example of skillfull modelling!

DennisTheBear

Hi Dennis. That's very kind of you to say. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

On 9/14/2017 at 20:20, Convair said:

I say the same. And, Normandie Niemen markings (spinner, etc.) are very cool. Fantastic Yak!

Hi Convair. That is very kind of you to say. thank you. :thumbsup:

When I get chance I will post some of the photos in black and white.

Kind regards,

Stix

On ‎5‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 8:08 PM, PlaStix said:

Hi Bruce. You are very, very kind as always. I think the thing is, because I don't have an airbrush and don't like using rattlecans, I do a lot of brush painting resulting in an improving technique. A lot can depend on the paint as well though. I mostly find Humbrol and Revell are the best to use thinned with water. Revell paints are usually fairly consistant to paint with whereas Humbrol have very good batches and some very bad batches. Some new Humbrol batches have been very 'oily' and difficult to use.

Thank you again.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks for that Stix

Much appreciated

I'm surprised the Humbrol and Revell are best thinned with water???

Are they Humbrol and Revell acrylics???? or are you thinning the enamels with water....which I cant really fathom

Cheers

Bruce

• Like 1

I built this kit too, but in a different scheme. IIRC it was a kit without any fit issues, a rarity in my experience, there's usually one or two in any kit.

I didn't go for the cowling off option. But, after seeing your kit, I'm thinking perhaps i should've gone down this road too.

I love your finished model, and the wee diorama lifts it to another plane (no pun intended).

Well done. Top work.

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2017 at 13:49, Winenut said:

Thanks for that Stix

Much appreciated

I'm surprised the Humbrol and Revell are best thinned with water???

Are they Humbrol and Revell acrylics???? or are you thinning the enamels with water....which I cant really fathom

Cheers

Bruce

Hi Bruce - I am sorry for the confusion - I should have made it clear that they are indeed the acrylics! I actually find most of the Revell and Humbrol acrylics go on really well when thinned with water. However, as I mentioned, some newer batches seem a bit oily and don't go on as evenly.

Kind regards,

Stix

On 23/09/2017 at 14:12, cybershed said:

I built this kit too, but in a different scheme. IIRC it was a kit without any fit issues, a rarity in my experience, there's usually one or two in any kit.

I didn't go for the cowling off option. But, after seeing your kit, I'm thinking perhaps i should've gone down this road too.

I love your finished model, and the wee diorama lifts it to another plane (no pun intended).

Well done. Top work.

Hi cybershed. Thank you very much for your kind comments. Glad you enjoyed building yours - mine went together really well. The only slightly difficult bit was when I joined the engine into the fuselage late on. This was because of the way I decided the build and paint sequence was going to be rather than an issue with the kit or it's instructions. Thank you again.

Kind regards,

Stix

• 4 weeks later...