Airfix winter Stuka

Hi all,

here's my winter Stuka.

Modified the exhausts and nose to the late B1 version, used a bit of Eduard etch in the cockpit, added a gunsight (yep it's meant to be mounted to the right) and added some canopy sliders.

The engineering of the kit is absolutely superb. The moulding not so much with some serious sink marks, ejector pins and flash. I don't like the one piece open cockpit either, but that is just a personal preference thing. 

The winter camo camo was good fun realy. I used AK weathering fluid for the chipping and experimented a bit with various filters and washes to tone down the white. You may or may not like this style of weathering which maybe a bit heavy for some people's taste. 

Anyway, here are the pics,

pOPFP36.jpg

C9yAiHF.jpg

Hr0wGXM.jpg

c66Jgcj.jpg

1f3uX6M.jpg

HeoOmTs.jpg

Edited by Mmarchal
  • Like 52
  • Thanks 2

That is FANTASTIC! Well done!

I have one in primer and I agree with you completely concerning the engineering and the end result in plastic.

I felt the same with the tropical Hurricane. Airfix needs to reduce that gap in my opinion.

All the Best!

Don

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

A quick question Mmarchal ... are the markings you used aftermarket or the kits ? I was curious because of the white sharks jaw ? Snake jaw? Im not quite sure which ? If A/M who's set is it ? Please ?

Hi, the decals are from eaglecals, the swasticas from xtradecal sand the crosses are from the kit.

thanks for the nice comments, @drift, the kit does a lot of the work, and the scheme I was lucky enough to find helps as well. I am looking forward to seeing your Stuka turn up here! 

• Thanks 1