Deleted

Starting major construction!

Leading edges of wings have quite a bad gap, they seem taper away from each other. Used some tamiya white putty then mr surfacer and a toothpick to fill dimples in dried putty where it had sinked back when drying. First coat of grey stynylrez on problem areas. 

Full prime will be in black stynylrez. 

Obligatory foam wrapped skewer up the chuff to act as a handle. 

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

• Like 3

Small bits being prepared and some getting basic colours on, meanwhile...

IMG_0964.jpg

The airframe is good to go. Just waiting for the gloss black stynylrez to turn up, hopefully tomorrow. If it doesn't then it will be painted tomorrow night regardless, just with regular black stynylrez as a base for the NMF

IMG_0965.jpg

In a change of direction I am going to try out the new mission models paints for this, with the 'faded aluminium' as the main colour. Initial tests on scrap look promising  👍🏿

Cockpit has been done already in revell but everything else will be mission paints from now on. (Can see the green bottle in first pic)

• Like 2

A few updates, some minor and some major. 

1 piece Nose wheel - primed in black, then sprayed in light grey. Then hub touched in with green. Still to be done is to re-black the tire. 

IMG_0966.jpg

Canopy - seeing as I am going to have it closed, rather than try and secure 5 bits to the plane with white glue, I have joined them all together  with extra thin whilst in place to make one piece. This can be tacked on for painting with a dab of white glue at the rear. Makes a usefull cockpit mask too :) 

The other ninja option would be to try and tape off the cockpit, and then juggle 5 bits trying to get them all with the same amount of paint as the airframe!  
IMG_0976.jpg

Ready to be masked. 
IMG_0977.jpg

Gloss black stynylrez!

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

IMG_0984.jpg

Quite happy with it. First few coats were dusted on. Then can have heavier wet coats. Left to dry naturally results in a higher gloss (drop tank)

I flashed the airframe off with a hairdrier as was in a rush last night, force drying it results in a more satin sheen. But good enough for this quick build. NMF next! 

• Like 2

Starting to rush now. Brushed the red bits on canopy and blue tail tips. 

Then is was decals on and sealed. 

IMG_1021.jpg

Some panel line washes going on. Nothing extreme just blueblack on the airframe and medium grey on/in the light grey u/c bits. 

IMG_1022.jpg

Satin coat tomorrow then final assembly. Need to do seats still however. 

• Like 3

Great progress Tony, only a shame that your build doesn't get more attention. :(

I wasn't aware that there is a gloss black stynylrez primer. Your comment " Quite happy with it" kind of reads that you expected better? The picture of it on the model do look a bit "speckelt", but that could just be the lighting when you took the picture. But maybe applying it wet without dusting it on first may work better.

Interesting assessment of Mission models aluminium. I too tried various NMFs (there are so many to choose from) and found Gunze Mr. Color 8 stock standard silver giving a very nice finish.

You certainly giving it all to this build - very impressive. :clap2:

Cheers, Peter

• Thanks 1

Almost there!

Thankfully it stays on its wheels... 

Was worried about the resin tanks and resin exhaust putting alot of weight past the COG. 

The whole underside of the cockpit floor as well as where eduard reccomends was layered with liquid gravity and superglue. 

IMG_1031.jpg

Just the seats and inside of the cockpit need a wash, then the little buckles touching in on the straps. 

Mission paints again - Seats in a mixed light grey, padding in a tire black and then neutral tan for the straps. 

IMG_1029.jpg

A few of the other small details -

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

These are cracking little kits, my second one now. 

Here was the first - 

RFI and in the gallery tomorrow hopefully for this one! 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

Well she's in the gallery!

Fastest thing I've built in a long time, about a week and a half! 

Tried to avoid the rough bits in the photos :D 

Will do a proper RFI at some point with more pics. 

Thanks for looking, Tony

RFI would be top notch, loved ur Czech MiG-15 too, master classes. Great job 

• Thanks 1