Meng's "Toon" Tiger 1 in about 20 hours

Having a bit of time on my hands and feeling like trying something different I decided to take part in the Blitz Build GB - my express aim is to beat my Better half... I was going to build my first ever plane, but someone-else got there first and so I nicked this kit from Stix's  stash... It's been an interesting and fun packed few hours of modelling fun including some colourful language along the way, it's quite a challenging little kit. Anyway here are the photos: 

IMG_9808

IMG_9832IMG_9831IMG_9829IMG_9828IMG_9827IMG_9826IMG_9825IMG_9824IMG_9823IMG_9821IMG_9820IMG_9819IMG_9818IMG_9816IMG_9815IMG_9814IMG_9813IMG_9812IMG_9811IMG_9810

Link to my WiP 

• Like 11

23 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

OK, so the other half beat you, but not by much.  Two hours is nothing when you're fiddling with this stuff.

And he does have more experience fiddling.....

This is just as ugly but cute as his Sherman.

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd, they do have a certain bizarre charm!  

20 hours ago, celt said:

:goodjob:Well tidy toon tiger.

You're too kind sir!

Well, I think that might be even nicer than Stix's Sherman. I like the way the dry brushing has given a nice weathered look to the yellow, and some very neat painting on the tow cables. They looked a little more scruffy on mine.

Andy

45 minutes ago, AndyRM101 said:

Well, I think that might be even nicer than Stix's Sherman. I like the way the dry brushing has given a nice weathered look to the yellow, and some very neat painting on the tow cables. They looked a little more scruffy on mine.

Andy

Cheers Andy, I think he's taught me quite well!  It was  challenging with the time constraints and I did leave out some detailed weathering, but was fairly happy with it.