Dornier Do 18-D *Finished*

It has been a joyous event following this build Tony.

From e humble "Matchbox" kit, into a wonderful build.

New inners and some wonderful metal work not forgetting the paint and weathering too.

Bravo sir , you done it, finished on time.

Simon.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing the final instalment of this extraordinary build, Tony! Again, congratulations for such a masterful work :worthy:

Cheers

Jaime

• Thanks 1

Congrats on getting her finished Tony, and even more for such a fantastic result. The WIP has been great fun to follow, and I'm looking forward to more piccies !

Ian

• Thanks 1

Excelent final blow there kid. Glad you managed to clear the screen, I was getting worried there for a minute. All that rigging and those final touches really make her even more special than she was already. Looking forward to the RFI.

Jont.:cat:

• Thanks 1

I do not have words to describe that model...... and the build log is in the seam category. Patience, more patience and oodles of skill I think sums up what I think. If I did not know that that started life as the Matchbox kit, I would not have believed it. I have seen very many excellent attempts to improve old kits but that is in a class of its own.

P

• Thanks 1

I have mixed emotions now... a lovely model, so realistic that some of the photos look like the real thing. Brilliant work Tony, just brilliant.

Of course I'll now have to wait for the next Baronial build. Can't wait long. Please?

Looking forward to your usual excellent photos and thanks for sharing the build - it's been fantastic :)

• Thanks 1

Chris, hendie, Bill, Jason, Zebra, Giorgio, Keith, Simon, Cc, Jaime, Ian, Johnny, Phoenix, Tomo, Ced, Nigel: sitting here on a still morning with sunlight streaming in through the windows I can say that I'm extremely glad to have been able to share this experience with such fine fellows. :worthy:

GB gallery entry is up here:

and

RFI over here.

Enjoy.

@bbudde! Not forgetting you!! My apologies dear friend!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...