Photobucket fix

On 31/08/2017 at 8:21 PM, theplasticsurgeon said:

Photos gone again now.

Photo bucket have found and countered that extension-fix.

Sussed it.

I spend most of my browsing time on a tablet - so the Chrome fix doesn't wok there.

Still visible on the computer I use for photos.

On 8/31/2017 at 10:59, JWM said:

Going back to Photobucket crisis. I want to inform that during last about two months I uploaded all my photos of models presented in RFI once more, this time to Flickr and I have changed links in all my RFI threads to Flickr. It was almost 300 models and 3000 photos! This is I think the only reasonable way how to rescue or restore threads affected by new PB regulations. Still I have  three threads on WIP left to restore. The WIP threads are more labour - there is a planty of figures and the their sequence is also important. But I am going to do this as well.

I am kindly ask evrybody to do such work, to keep old threads available. The total amount of threads, vast amount of different models and data about them  and possibility of access to old ones is a big value of such forum as BM!

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

Cheers Jerzy! Although it's quite labourious, I am slowly doing the same thing. I kept bookmarks to my WIP and RFI threads and this is where I'm devoting my energies. Unfortunately, I have no clue about the hundreds of pictures that I've posted in other people's threads - these links will end up broken until I either stumble across them or someone lets me know. Maybe the forum software guys can write a script that finds all of my posts with a Photobucket link in a thread not started by me - should be a bit of cake. Just software, you know?

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow! Just click to get the add on and now the only nks all display!

Thanks for sharing this is amazing,  im still switching to flickr but its no end of help to see what photos are what when replacing them.

Hope the news of this spreads far and wide (and PB dont crush it!!!)

• Like 1

Unfortunately I can't download this at Work without Admin Privileges and IT are not going to download it for me without querying it.

Doesn't work for my phone either.

I have had Flickr for years but didn't use it because it was a pain. They seem to have tweaked it and made it more user friendly now.

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Wonder if the management there realise just how much they are hated?

They probably don't care. Examples of money grubbing pond life rarely do.

• Like 1

I noticed that earlier.  It may end up being a game of cat-and-mouse, with the Add-On adapting to overcome the latest technique by PB.... or it might just be that the loophole in their code has been fixed and that's it.  Time will tell :shrug:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I noticed that earlier.  It may end up being a game of cat-and-mouse, with the Add-On adapting to overcome the latest technique by PB.... or it might just be that the loophole in their code has been fixed and that's it.  Time will tell :shrug:

I did remove the extension hoping it might have been updated to a new version, but no luck when I reloaded it.....:(

Keith

Give the guy a few days/weeks to see if he can suss it out, and maybe try again?  Like I said... the window of opportunity may well have passed, which will be a shame.  I suppose they were bound to cotton on eventually, even if they didn't see it online, they'd notice all that data still being used and start questioning where it was going. :shrug:

On a related issue, I wonder if the price-point was set so high because they knew they'd lose a LOT of members, and a correspondingly large number of page impressions from people maintaining their online photos?  I also wonder if their advertising sales have taken a hit now they're not the big player they used to be?  I do hope so :wicked:

• Like 3

Any fix around anyone does will only ever be temporary. 

PB have made a call and will enforce it.

As soon as a fix around is found it gets circulated on the web PB pick up on it and it gets closed down.

I don’t think PB will have a change of heart anytime soon nor make it easy to get your images off their site. 

I just think of PB as dead to me.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Plasto said:

Any fix around anyone does will only ever be temporary. 

PB have made a call and will enforce it.

As soon as a fix around is found it gets circulated on the web PB pick up on it and it gets closed down.

I don’t think PB will have a change of heart anytime soon nor make it easy to get your images off their site. 

I just think of PB as dead to me.

That's the way I see it too mate.

As soon as they pulled that stunt I downloaded every single photo to an external HDD, then deleted them all and closed down my account.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've just got e-mail from PB:

Join the 3 million consumers and business owners that trust and continue to stay with photobucket for all their photo hosting needs.

Here is why:

• Unlimited 3rd Party Hosting with Zero Restrictions
  • Fixed Price with no hidden charges
  • Easy to use -- grab an embed link with two clicks
  • Secure all images with HTTPS links with support for auction sites

Ughhh.. OK -No comment

Cheers

J-W

• Sad 1

On 10/24/2017 at 11:29, Cadman said:

As soon as they pulled that stunt I downloaded every single photo to an external HDD, then deleted them all and closed down my account.

Same here, but I am still getting marketing emails from them :angry: 

23 hours ago, perdu said:

This reminnds me to begin rebuilding my threads with unPBpics

after Telford OK

So what would you recommend using instead of PB?

I'm presently using Smugmug, but am looking for a good, (and free), alternative.

Flickr isn't an option with the laptop I use 99% of the time.

Thanks

H

Me?

I use postimage.org, it is normally very quick to load although it slows down on the odd occasion

I have uploaded and then posted images in seven minutes from taking the photograph

I have known photocrap take twenty minutes to fully load its page, before I got to use the upload facility

I do not miss using pb at all, but I have a mate who is very happy using smugmug

I hadn't realised it was a pay service though

I have flickr but I never feel I have control, so I don't use it much these days

Village pictures gets 'good press' too

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cadman said:

So what would you recommend using instead of PB?

I'm presently using Smugmug, but am looking for a good, (and free), alternative.

Flickr isn't an option with the laptop I use 99% of the time.

Thanks

H

I found a French site called HostingPics, which is free and as far as I can tell has unlimited upload volume. My French isn't fantastic, in fact Il est merde, but the layout is pretty much like any other and a bit of logical thinking enabled me to use it without resorting to translations. (There is an 'English' button, but it doesn't work on my laptop)

Hope that helps,

Reargaurds,

Badder

• Thanks 1