Photobucket fix

I am not sure if this has come up here yet, but I recently came across a fix for displaying those blocked Photobucket images.   I use chrome and have given it a try and it does seem to work, at least until PB finds a way to crush it...

This may at least give you the opportunity to grab images that would otherwise be lost.

The PB fix is discussed here.  I followed the link to here and used the second fix by Shaun Starsprung.

HTH.

Edited by Wm Blecky
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I got yesterday message from 72nd Aircraft forum with the same content:

Firefox extension  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/?src=search

Chrome extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embed-fix/naolkcpnnlofnnghnmfegnfnflicjjgj?hl=en

This is a painless exercise, it simply adds an extension to the browser and doesn't alter anything in your account or computer registry. Thanks to rubenandres77 on the RevellAtions forum for the heads up to this fix.

So i tried and checked all my posts with broken images.....works 

Not sure that photo bucket will start some countermeasures but for now ....

Regards

• Thanks 1

On 8/28/2017 at 09:36, Wm Blecky said:

I am not sure if this has come up here yet, but I recently came across a fix for displaying those blocked Photobucket images.   I use chrome and have given it a try and it does seem to work, at least until PB finds a way to crush it...

This may at least give you the opportunity to grab images that would otherwise be lost.

The PB fix is discussed here.  I followed the link to here and used the second fix by Shaun Starsprung.

HTH.

People need to be aware that this TP block has NOTHING to do with 'losing your images', all it prevents is embedded images appearing in a third party site, such as a forum, what will happen, given that photobucket has done what it's done and is demanding as much as it is to 'enable' this feature again, is that they'll find out about the extension and make adjustments to stop it working, it will enable people to briefly see TP linked images again until this happens.
HOWEVER, the images are still there and can be viewed by a third party OR the album owner/creator ON PB's SITE.
What users need to do long term is either pay the extortion or physically download the images, (if they're not stored on a HDD elsewhere) and use another provider!

Edited by M1ks

1 minute ago, Steve_farrier said:

Any work arounds for mobiles or tablet viewing? 

Ive got chrome downloaded from the App Store but links still appear broken

I don't believe you can install extensions on Chrome for Android.

John.

It's a nice idea but when I switched to another host I deleted most of my images from Photobucket. I refuse to have anything more to do with them and I imagine it will only be a matter of time until Photobucket come up with a way to shut this down.

Of course they will, if you started charging guests to enter your property and your neighbour knocked a hole in your wall to sneak them in you'd be out there with bricks and mortar shoring it up post haste.

People need to stop using them and move to another. 

This kind of thing happens all the time and unless they get realistic with a sensible fee they'll lose a phenomenal amount of personal users, it's only businesses who are tied in with hundreds of images who'll have to tolerate it until their IT can get an alternative sorted

Going back to Photobucket crisis. I want to inform that during last about two months I uploaded all my photos of models presented in RFI once more, this time to Flickr and I have changed links in all my RFI threads to Flickr. It was almost 300 models and 3000 photos! This is I think the only reasonable way how to rescue or restore threads affected by new PB regulations. Still I have  three threads on WIP left to restore. The WIP threads are more labour - there is a planty of figures and the their sequence is also important. But I am going to do this as well.

I am kindly ask evrybody to do such work, to keep old threads available. The total amount of threads, vast amount of different models and data about them  and possibility of access to old ones is a big value of such forum as BM!

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 6

5 hours ago, JWM said:

Going back to Photobucket crisis. I want to inform that during last about two months I uploaded all my photos of models presented in RFI once more, this time to Flickr and I have changed links in all my RFI threads to Flickr. It was almost 300 models and 3000 photos! This is I think the only reasonable way how to rescue or restore threads affected by new PB regulations. Still I have  three threads on WIP left to restore. The WIP threads are more labour - there is a planty of figures and the their sequence is also important. But I am going to do this as well.

I am kindly ask evrybody to do such work, to keep old threads available. The total amount of threads, vast amount of different models and data about them  and possibility of access to old ones is a big value of such forum as BM!

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

That's some effort! 100% urge everyone to follow your example. Credit where it's due!! 

• Like 1

I thought I'd give it a try. Despite having an elderly version of Firefox (I'm having to run Snow Leopard on my Mac due to it being the most stable platform for my music production software) and the notice from Mozilla that the PB fix isn't compatible, I thought "what's the worst that can happen?". I DL'd and installed it and, despite a box saying that there are no more updates for Firefox 48, I can now see all the pictures that are still hosted on Photobucket.

So, although it shouldn't work, it does. Result!