TRIBAL CLASS DESTROYERS - Help needed please !!

73north

Hi

I have the Profile warship on HMS Cossack , but I can't see any cable reels on the artwork plan and side profile drawings provided in the centrefold

Does anyone know if these ships had them fitted to the deck and where they were positioned ?

any help would be very appreciated !

regards

David

David,

I have the NMM 1/48 drawings of HMS Eskimo and they are marked on that. It's just difficult to convey the positions to you.

From bows:

Foredeck

centerline aft of breakwater (running fore-aft. [pull wire towards bow ] ) berthing (rope?) reel. smaller wire cable to either side same orientation.

Maindeck

All athwartships [pull wire port/starboard]

small reel under bow ans stern of 27' whaler, 25' motor launch and 25' motor boat. (4 starboard, 2 port)

stbd. small reel under .5 MG platform.

port. berthing reel under middle of 25' motor boat

'X' gundeck.

stbd. berthing reel athwart searchlight platdorm (where superstructure tapers (thin at bow end) aft of pom-pom platform

Also a reel mounted on the curved starboard side of the searchlight platform (pull starboard quarter)

I don't think I've missed any (please understand these drawings are huge (14' ish) and the photocopying is a little faint in places. However I'm not going to store them away just yet so feel free to ask anything else.

Tom

• Thanks 1

Hi

Can you mark on this plan where they exactly go , with a PAINT arrow please ?

X352r4H.jpgg46toqH.jpg

I would really appreciate this - PM me if you wish

In exchange for your help

I have  A LARGE genuine original WW2 German warship Photo collection

if you want a scan of say the Graf Zeppelin ,  or ( ultra rare ) Heavy Crusiers Seydlitz or Lutzow , for example  ?

I can do that and send it to you as an exchange - I would really appreciate your help

kind regards

David

Edited by 73north

I'll give it a go later tonight.

Meanwhile here's a link to a IWM pic.

you can just see the reels peeking over the bow breakwater in front of 'A' gun mount

http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205140726

Thanks for the offer of the exchange. But there's no need. I'm happy to help:)

Tom

• Thanks 1

Glad to have helped.

The small reels placed at either end  of the ships' boats are for raising/lowering said boats (falls). I'd have thought there would be another 'mooring reel' further aft, but can't find one on the drawings.

Enjoy your model

Tom