Toon Tiger 1

Mrs PlaStix

Good start, oooh a bacon omelette, everyones food through this blitz build is mouthwatering, we are good to ourselves on here. I'd like to try building some sort of tank in the future, good luck 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Valkyrie said:

Good start, oooh a bacon omelette, everyones food through this blitz build is mouthwatering, we are good to ourselves on here. I'd like to try building some sort of tank in the future, good luck 

Thanks Valkyrie! - it's been fun so far... just paused for lunch: Bacon, Tomato and Cheese omelette - need the sustenance...

IMG_9753

Right, now need long nap, but must get on! 

51 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Excellent find,does he know it's missing yet?

Hi Steve, :innocent: I won't tell if you don't !!! - he probably won't notice for months....:evil_laugh:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Thought it was time for a quick update: 

IMG_9754

All seems to be progressing okay (but I've never tried to complete anything in 24 hrs. so time will tell!) 

Comments and suggestions welcomed as ever...

• Like 1

Comments: You're doing great just more of the same. 

Suggestions: Can I come to your place for next year's BlitzBuild. I've just lobbed my scrambled egg in the bin. Put the sprues, instructions and such back in the box and return to the stash. Ex-Girlie could remove chocolate from the packet, refold the paper and have the empty back in the cupboard in less than three minutes. Very, very annoying. 

• Like 1

Well, I'm just about done for the day - it's been very interesting, I've learnt how to use a spray can, bit scary and a lot less controllable than just using a brush... but it was quite exciting.

IMG_9799

I've dry-brushed the tracks with Gunmetal.

IMG_9800

Well lots more to do tomorrow - 

It's meant to be really warm so at least I won't feel too guilty about doing the kit instead of the garden or other household tasks... 

• Like 5

So it all starts again, last night I managed to give it an Anthracite wash so this was what I came down to: 

IMG_9803

9 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Looks fab so far! I see it has the same economy with wheels as the Sherman too.

Does the Plastix family run entirely on eggs? I think we need to know.

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian! if you refer back you will see that Mr P is not a consumer of eggs, just ham sandwiches...I just like the simplicity and versatility of the humble egg. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Looking great. Will show little H when she's finished with the play doh. 

Hi, at the risk of looking like a shameless  self publicist, you might like to show her some of my Dinosaur builds :dinosaur::dinosaur:

• Like 1

YEAAHHH!!! Finished - well still more that could be done, but I've neglected things for too long and tomorrow is an important work day... 

IMG_9808

Photos will hopefully appear after some much needed food... Thanks for all the comments and encouragement - just need to beat you-know-who!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Looks great so far, excellent weathering.

1 hour ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Agreed, wot he said⬆️

Cheers, gentlemen! We've decided that the Sherman is probably the easiest or more straightforward kit to build - the Tiger is more fiddly and awkward 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

That will be why Stix grabbed it first and had you complete the more difficult Tiger!

well here's the two together - you decide! 

IMG_9838

IMG_9836

• Like 4