Spot of the Day Part 2

2 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Cost you 10 grand for a major service. A friend has one, and it was done for him before he bought it.

I've managed to find 5.88 up to now,so it'll be a car boot tomorrow and see if i can find one in 1/43 for a fiver lol...

11 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Cost you 10 grand for a major service. A friend has one, and it was done for him before he bought it.

Don't they have to take the engine out for a full service? Mad....!!

6 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Don't they have to take the engine out for a full service? Mad....!!

As I've said before , it must be something to with the cam chains , since they're on the back of the engine rather than the front so can only be accessed if the engine is removed . If I remember correctly, this applies to both the W12 and V8 variants .

Reminds me of a family friend who bought a used Ferrari at a low price.  Took it to the local importer to have its oil changed and got handed a bill for around $2800 (this was in the 90's). Turns out to reach the oil plug, you had to remove almost the entire cooling system. :wtf:  

Today I caught a 65 GTO convertible in Capri gold, a 56 Chevy in turquoise, a 41 Ford Deluxe in Florentine blue and lastly a 66 Oldsmobile 88 in pewter. The weather was awful, but everybody seemed to be bringing out their best rides today.

• Like 2

On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:04 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

And what on earth did someone do to that poor SD!?

That is just an abomination.  I spotted my first one in Fulham a few months after I'd sold it and was horrified to find it covered in go-faster stripes and what seemed to be Wehrmacht width indicators.  But that ...

This morning, middle of Reigate: a Ferrari Daytona Spider in dark green, out in the rain.  Whether it was an original I couldn't say, but oooh.

• Like 1

Loads of classics out and about today despite the gloom:

• BMW 3.0 CSL in full racing get up.
  • Jaguar E-type convertible 
  • Dodge WC54 WWII ambulance
  • Bull Nose Morris on a trailer
  • Lamborghini Huracan
  • Lamborghini Espada
  • Ferrari 275

Me thinks there may have been a track day at Silverstone up the road to me.

Karl

• Like 1

On 07/04/2018 at 6:06 PM, Max Headroom said:

And just now a Vauxhall (ie Holden) VXR6 in its ‘ute’ guise. Very odd to my UK eyes!

Trevor

There's one of those over here in gold,what a sound and a couple of Monaros as well...

Somewhere near the Thetford (Norfolk) area this morning.

A Russian looking truck with a HIAB being used to crane something in a front garden.

Definitely not British or American. It had a long nose, curved grill and military type suspension & wheels.

And it looked pretty grungy too. I just caught a quick look as I drove past.

• Like 2

Gold 78 Trans Am Y88 cruising down the highway. Got a little dust in my eyes seeing that. My favorite uncle on my step mom's side had exactly that same car. Spent many an afternoon heading into town to get milkshakes in that car in my preteen years.

Edited by Thud4444
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Early this morning, a Rover 2000 in Humbrol 'Leather' brown heading East & complete with spare wheel on the bootlid.

Later, somewhere South of Scarborough, an early 70's Mercedes two door coupe in green (W124?)

And, there's a garage just North of Scampton village where I saw a nice early Elan.

Saw an Ecto-one replica on the road today. It wasn't a Cadillac, it was a Buick. But other than that it looked spot on. 

There was another green Bel Air and a dark blue Ford Maverick out today. 

I also found out that the Magnolia Festival and Car Show is this weekend. Explains all the nice cars I've been seeing lately.

• Like 1

Last weekend, this beauty in the parking lot at the gym (photos used with owner's permission)

26671221337_61eccc5a67_n.jpg

41540347451_5949b3e8c5_m.jpg

Edited by JeroenS
  • Like 2

Just now as I was walking back from town, a rather sweet sounding McLaren heading towards one of many of Bristols traffic jams. Not entirely certain but I think it might have been a 540c.

Way too busy swooning to snap it with phone. :D

• Like 2

Just remembered. A couple of weeks ago I saw a Bristol Lodekka.

Blimey I feel old! I’m old enough to remember them as numerous as Vickers Viscounts......

Trevor

• Like 1

On 16/04/2018 at 19:46, Pete in Lincs said:

Somewhere near the Thetford (Norfolk) area this morning.

A Russian looking truck with a HIAB being used to crane something in a front garden.

Definitely not British or American. It had a long nose, curved grill and military type suspension & wheels.

And it looked pretty grungy too. I just caught a quick look as I drove past.

Anything like this one?

• Haha 1

Probably not far off. I only caught a glimpse though.

Today as I was leaving Nottingham,

A green customised '30 coupe, very nice.

About 1645 South of Lincoln, a 30's British sports car.

In a sort of eau de nil green and a bit tatty, but nice to see.

I couldn't see the badge but, a similar car to the old MG.

• Like 1

And today's oddities included...

On a trailer, South Lincoln, a Dutton Reef amphibious kitcar!

Later in Lincoln, a Yellow Triumph Stag with Hardtop which looked nice

until I pulled up alongside at the lights. The passenger door rear shutline

was about 2mm at the bottom and about 6mm at the top. Not too impressive.

Later still at a Lincoln country pub, a young lady driving a Vanden Plas Allegro.

In need of a little TLC and a carb tune up by the sound of the tickover. (The car not her).

There were a couple of patches treated with phosphoric acid but essentially she had a 

good runner, road tax free and from next year MOT free. Not your usual Fiat 500 et al.

And, it only cost her 175 pounds. 

Now stick with me here, It's part of Britains' motoring history, it's quirky, it has picnic tables

in the back! and it looks odd. But, As I say, it's not your boring new Mini/Fiat500/Uno etc.

So I happen to think it's nearly cool. And if I'd known about it for that price I'd have bought it as a weekend toy.

Oh, AND, Darby will approve as it's Blue!

Even later out in the lanes, an old Wolesley looking like an overgrown Moggy Minor

and simply glowing with black paint & chrome in the sunshine. Quite lovely.

• Like 3