Dry humbrol paints?

Harrywilliams

I recently just bought a few humbrol acrylic paints and upon opening them the paint had dried up! It wasn't a liquid! The paints were sealed in plastic so I'm not sure what happened, any ideas?

( I got the paints from a model shop in the uk and can't replace them with new ones)

Are they absolutely solid?

I was able the resurrect some Humbrol and some Warhammer acrylic paints by adding meths into them. The hardest ones need a long while to soak. As soon as the meths started working the paint got softer and softer, then I added water and some flow improver. Kept working at them; stirring and shaking, a few minutes a couple of times a day. The quickest took just three days of this, the really hard ones took a couple of weeks

6 hours ago, sapperastro said:

Are they the flip top pots? If so, quite normal unfortunately. It is a pity, as the paint in them was superior to the new stuff they sell in the twist top pots.

They are indeed the flip top pots, it's a shame but I do I have spares.

harry

3 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Are they absolutely solid?

I was able the resurrect some Humbrol and some Warhammer acrylic paints by adding meths into them. The hardest ones need a long while to soak. As soon as the meths started working the paint got softer and softer, then I added water and some flow improver. Kept working at them; stirring and shaking, a few minutes a couple of times a day. The quickest took just three days of this, the really hard ones took a couple of weeks

There basically rock solid but have a tiny bit on movement in them,  Thanks for the tip, I'll try that out:lol:

harry

7 hours ago, Steve Noble said:

If most of the local shops I visit are anything to go by, they've probably had them on the shelf for ages and they've simply dried up...

Contact the shop and explain the situation, maybe they'll replace them for free.

Explains why they were 50p... 

ill give it ago though.

Harry