U.S.S. SULACO

Halcyon USS Sulaco,Purchased from a model shop in Hunstanton about 17 years ago,Quickly built,and just as quickly forgotten about,Actually got round to painting it up about 2 weeks ago.

In the meantime,managed to lose the little drop ship that came with it,and the decals,Luckily,have the old AMT USS Enterprise kit with its fleet decal sheet ,so cut out the required letters from that.

Model is about 12 ins long

ZFTF73.jpg

mP23p6.jpg

nisNoC.jpg

Cheers

Andy

• Like 21

I've always wanted one of these. A great model from a great movie. Full of great quotes. ...

"All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the Corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I *love* the Corps!"

Edited by Thud4444
  • Like 5

wow - an old kit which at the time of being readily available, sadly got overlooked by myself, leaving this as one of those wish list models I probably wont ever get a chance to now make

really nice work there - tip top

A warship that LOOKS like it could give you a BAD DAY :)

Its a relatively simple kit but builds up beautifully - the skill is in the paint job and you've done a great job with the panels in this one.

I built one of these last year and painted mine slightly lighter, but this looks the biz! The little dropship looks cute with it too. I won't post a pic in your thread but you can find my build through the links in my sig.

Cheers Kallisti,it was actually looking at your build thread that got me going on this kit,it had been sitting on a shelf "all built up with no -where to go!"for a very long time :)

• Like 1