Dirty Little Eindecker

One that's been going on twixt Sea Hurricane builds of late. Many are familiar with the kit so nothing further to add apart from beware of the fuselage stripes. I don't know if it was only me but I couldn't for the life of me get them to line up. Used a bit of spare white decal on the top of the fuselage but It's not perfect. Has the underside one split on me and that was after sealing in. Oh well. Whole thing brush painted with Xtracolor Sand and RLM02 with metallics Revell Aluminium and Steel. The prop was also Revell with a Tamiya clear orange coating. I did try a laminated effect on the other prop but it looked more like a mint humbug. Rigging was EZ line and had a few 'pingy' moments along the way especially when attaching to the upper strut so gave up trying to connect each line to the metal stubs.

DSC00566.jpg

DSC00567.jpg

DSC00568.jpg

DSC00569.jpg

DSC00570.jpg

DSC00571.jpg

DSC00572.jpg

DSC00573.jpg

DSC00574.jpg

• Like 34

Thanks for the comments chaps. I actually forgot about this one even though it was only recent. There are things I would do differently should I do another one i.e. paint the stripes and do the rudder/elevator control wires before attaching the rudder.

1 hour ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Darby...is that the Eduard 1/72nd scale kit?

Clue's in the tag John; Airfix. Give it a go for a stress free build.