1/100 ZGMF-X12A Gundam Testament

So a lazy OOB build for now, decals line and top coat only.

This is the Dragon Momoko Testament Gundam, DM is a 3rd party maker of mobile suites and Gundam that are producing some very nice alternative kit to Bandai.

Box art.

2017-08-25_02-18-05

I have made a start on the kit and i must say im impressed so far with the level of detail and the fit, it all very good.

20170823_224107

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tolga Uzuner said:

hi, what do you think about quality of this kit? 

Im very pleased with it. I have built TT kits and Danban kit and the DM is much much better, it all fit together as it should and i have not had to sand any pegs down or remove any flash. The plastic is a little softer than what Bandai use but other than that i would definitely get another DM kit.

Oh and most of the parts are under gated some few or not nub marks.

Bit more work, needs more cleaning up.

20170825_082250

The back pack and shield if the Bandai Strike RM.

20170821_224245

20170821_223543

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 2

Oo... very nice, also not a Gundam I am aware off... which is very rare!  I know it's from Gundam SEED because of the ZGMF (which means it's a ZAFT suit... well originally), the back pack is very Justicey, however the rest of the kit's design I am not familiar with.  I guess it could be a suit that appears on one the many Astray MSV spinoffs? I got the RG Justice to built yet myself...

One of these days I will look into the Chinese kits as I have heard and seen many good things about them, however my loyalties do lie with Bandai, yeah I am a sucker I know! :)

Looking forward to more Rock :)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

9 hours ago, Dazzio said:

One of these days I will look into the Chinese kits as I have heard and seen many good things about them, however my loyalties do lie with Bandai, yeah I am a sucker I know! :)

I can justify this kit because Bandai don't make one and it was only £25 inc delivery and its a DM that are supposed to have some sort of agreement with Bandai.....:P

The MS is a ZAFT one and there is a bit about it on wiki but not much, the back pack and red faze shift is the Testament ver but DM also make this colour ver that must be the "Gundam" ver that also looks great.

2017-08-27_08-39-07

• Confused 1

On 27/08/2017 at 8:49 AM, rockpopandchips said:

I can justify this kit because Bandai don't make one and it was only £25 inc delivery and its a DM that are supposed to have some sort of agreement with Bandai.....:P

Aahh, I did always wonder how they got away with it, but that kinda does make sense.  I also saw this model advertised on SamuelDecal this morning... think it's trying to tell me something!

Looking good, apparently this Gundam was derived from the Dreadnought Gundam... I dont see how... but it does look good.  I always prefered the Justice or Cgue DEEP Arms (don't ask why).   I do have a soft spot for the SEED designs.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• 2 weeks later...

Mixed my own iridescent paint using pigment powder from ebay and Alclad gloss. Sprayed it straight on the black plastic on the Testaments wings, its a bit sparkly but other than that im quite happy with it and it a bit different, need to come up with colour scheme for the rest of the kit now....so much for OOB build.

20170907_191259

20170907_191235

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Benson said:

Excellent looking finish. I think I might have to try building a Gundam kit, each time I see one finished I'm more tempted.....

They are good fun to build and paint and aome make great starting pionts to hone new skills.

I have painted and glossed most of the partd now, putting them together to see if i need to make any changes, nothing grownd braking just a simple paint and build.

2017-09-12_06-26-30

• Like 2

Oo I like it, it's got a Blitz/Gold Frame/Gouf Ignited feel about it.  I keep on seeing this kit on a well known auction site.  Is this a new kit or something?

Looking very good however Rock, what was the fleck you used for the metallics?

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dazzio said:

Oo I like it, it's got a Blitz/Gold Frame/Gouf Ignited feel about it.  I keep on seeing this kit on a well known auction site.  Is this a new kit or something?

Looking very good however Rock, what was the fleck you used for the metallics?

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Cheers Dazz.

Its a newish kit, i order all my 3rd party kits from site call gundam central. The price you see inc p&p as well and stuff normally arrives within 2 weeks.

http://www.gundammodelcenter.com

Paint flake was this stuff mixed with gloss.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/5g-Changing-Color-Chaneleon-Flip-Pearl-Powder-Pigment-Plastic-Dip-Paint-Nail-DIY/142394774551?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

A quick shot in the daylight you can see the colour change a lot better.

2017-09-13_07-14-00

• Like 1