Hello Everyone

shortCummins

Morning, afternoon evening all

My name is John and I’ve been back modelling for a couple of years after a 30 odd year break. Way back I only brush painted mainly Airfix and Tamiya and I’d never heard of let alone used photo-etch and resin or any other aftermarket.

My interest is mainly 1/48 WWII aircraft, I’ve only ever built one AFV subject but I do plan to build more. 

any advice, suggestions or comments will be gratefully received.
rgds
John(shortCummins)

Welcome to BM John. Whichever type of model that you are building, if you need help/advice, just ask in the appropriate forum and chances are, somebody will help. If you are planning on building an AVF, my advice would be to start with something from Tamiya. I wouldn't try something from the likes of Bronco first as although they are good, they are extremely fiddly.

But whatever you build, enjoy it.

John.

:welcome: Aboard John. It's a familiar tale, and one that rings a bell with me. Seeing the amount of aftermarket when I came back was one of the things that enticed me back and kept me there. I'm an inveterate tinkerer, and that sort of thing appeals ^_^

Enjoy the forums :)

Hello John ... welcome back to Modeling from a Yank. We all get pulled back at some point. And Im also a WW2 builder 👍 . Currently I'm expanding to those cold war and modern jet thingies ... you know those funny looking planes without propellers. So if i can help with anything just ask. 

Dennis

Ah, another one. They all realise eventually. Welcome!

5 hours ago, shortCummins said:

Way back I only brush painted mainly Airfix and Tamiya and I’d never heard of let alone used photo-etch and resin or any other aftermarket.

Could have written that myself. Before t'internet came along, purchasing a modelling magazine (no, not that type :o) was a bit of a culture shock with lots of resin and white metal kits.

Edited by Ade H