Gannet ripple and relaxxxx

perdu

2 hours ago, 71chally said:

something about the Seasprite,

It sounds like a Wessex and other helicopters of that era too!

I have only seen three and two (USN 1977 on ships) of them I never did identify.The Polish one looked good though.

3 hours ago, perdu said:

I am quite keen on modelling the Lynx as had her poor snout bashed off by an Argie bomb,

That would be different and look..it has its tail folded in the second pic. :whistle:

62hQkUc4.jpg

au3S7nKE.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Tomoshenko said:

Heh Bill. Not jealous about your Phantom. Not jealous one bit. No not me......

....all I can say is :devil:

R_Stencil_placement_detail_options_for_t

i'm considering reprinting them greyer

or subbing the work out to you, there's only 298 little splashes of irrelevances to add

:)

We know how you like to concentrate on fine little details after all

You have an admirable track record...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

It sounds like a Wessex and other helicopters of that era too!

I have only seen three and two (USN 1977 on ships) of them I never did identify.The Polish one looked good though.

That would be different and look..it has its tail folded in the second pic. :whistle:

62hQkUc4.jpg

au3S7nKE.jpg

Nice to see it missed everything REALLY important

The crew

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I, however know NOT

They are not all going on mine, many of those that do will be reduced toned too

I don't blame anyone going for it, but I am an old man, getting oldest by the day

And we know what they say about life and longevity...

😠

• Like 3

On 19/02/2018 at 8:02 PM, perdu said:

Nice to see it missed everything REALLY important

The crew

What is not visible in those two pics is the Mk.44 torpedo (a warshot, obviously, given the circumstances...) loaded on the starboard carrier.  The bomb did not miss it by very much.  Even if the warhead hadn’t been cooked off, the Mk.44 was powered by horrible stuff called OTTO fuel, and having that sloshing around would really have added to the fun.  

As Bill says, I plan to build this in 1/48 at some stage.  I have acquired a MAD bird (from a kind BM’er who had a spare from a SH60 kit), and a Mk.44 - plus of course the wherewithal to confert the Airfix HMA8 back to an HAS2.

The cab survived the experience and is in my logbook.  Broadsword carried a visible dent in her flight deck for the rest of her days. 

• Like 6

I am glad she survived her cruel South American treatment Crisp

Her representation shall be your desmesne sir

I see I neglected to tell James (et al) how Gannet was faring these days

Black framework preparatory to getting RAFBGed

P1010195.jpg

I intend using the first colour coat as the flaw checking primer, those painted on stiffeners won't take many coats of whizzing over, over them

Edited by perdu
  • Like 11

A bit'o'primer on her wings

P1010206.jpg

Humbrol grey primer, I will be testing the wings

P1010205.jpg

I think the plating has survived the primercoat 

we will see when there is some paint on it

Edited by perdu
  • Like 14

I have just taken a few of the primered surface, I am quite pleased with the stiffening plates

And the flap actuator covers sat atop the wing surfaces

P1140202.jpg

P1140207.jpg

Might get painting tomorrow, we'll have to see

Hostile action renewed this evening  :(

• Like 9

Wot they said ^^

I agree with Giorgio - I love how you proper modellers have a load of plastic with scratches and lumps and glue and paint and, er, other stuff all over it and then, when the primer goes on, a perfect model appears.

Magic is the right word for it.

Although I think there's lots of skill involved too :worthy:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Cookenbacher said:

Agreed, photoshop out the background and you have one of those Airfix CAD renders - beautiful work.

Careful with that keyboard, Eugene!  I read this in a hurry and for a split second I thought Airfix had released a CAD render of their upcoming Gannet... (1/48, natch)

Then I woke up!

• Haha 7

Huh, if they ever do a million critics will whinge about them missing this or making it a version sold only West Germany or something and they'd never build it and see how really nice it is

Ref; a certain lovely Sea Fury hereabouts

:(

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, perdu said:

Huh, if they ever do a million critics will whinge about them missing this or making it a version sold only West Germany or something and they'd never build it and see how really nice it is

Ref; a certain lovely Sea Fury hereabouts

:(

I do get your point Bill, but you and others (such as Baron exWAAFU etc) can make any kit sing, you're modelling a Frog Gannet, what further proof do we need.

However some of us just ain't of this skill set, or maybe don't have that much time and expect our new tool kits to be almost shake 'n bake. 

It doesn't help that such kits are released with a fanfare of perfect CAD images and claims of LIDAR accuracy.

There doesn't seem to be any eveness with quality, I am pretty disappointed with the Phantom which seems to be made by a different company to the superb Victor.  Many of the Sea Fury kits seem to have plastic missing (short shot), whereas the Walrus seems to be faultless and an excellent kit. That's not to sat that they are in anyway bad kits and we are grateful of theses releases, but if manufacturers are skimping on certain things to cheapen production then they must expect a little criticism.

Anyway, would be nice to dream of an Airfix box full of Gannet, that AEW has to be along shortly!

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

COD and AS please James

I get your point too as many of my life-hours have been used up making changes to how the kit came out, to the displeasure of Mrs P but as we only live the one time and I have limited interests in anything else it is simply, what I do

• Like 6