Gannet ripple and relaxxxx

perdu

Glad you like the whited scepticultre that is the Gannet at pres. Tony

Update without pictures or biscuits

The canopies are ON and looking fairly fine and at  the mo' I'm adding surface detailing, slots for flap actuators and missing bulges too

Nose intake eyelids, oh you will know those when you see her

And trimming excess paint off the painted ON detail, you CAN have too much of a thing good or bad  :)

In other worlds far far away a Spitsfire got a coat of Colourcoats Dark Green, only a month to go for this one

THE  P R E S S U R E !

B scheme for a Sptifire of 19 Squadron at Dacksford Base RAF, May1939

P1010175.jpg

Tamiya tape cut out to suit

P1010176.jpg

Looks like a lovely rendition of that proper brownish RAF Dark Green to me

We can tell better if I can get a decent coat of Humbrol Authentics Dark Earth tomorrow after several hours of stirring

I have to use only what is in the kit for this build

Does this look even remotely like Sea Grey Medium to you

P1010177.jpg

In this fuzzy image I refer the court to the code letters WZ T which were supposed to be Grey 33B/137

Nick Millman states that the 33B part of the spec relates to the size of tin of paint number 137

I have trust in Nick's research ability, none at all in the colour Hasegawa found to print the codes in

Question for the court

Should the plaintiff try to cheat by finding grey codes in his transfers folder, or should he use the dark grey sludge he was issued with?

It's ok

I have another month, ends March meeting...

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, perdu said:

or should he use the dark grey sludge he was issued with?

Use them but overpaint with a fine brush unless the rules say you can't

That way you are still using what's in the box.

in any case,now that you have thought out loud about cheating...........

• Haha 3

No that wont happen, cheating doesn't sit nicely in my karma

Grey overpainting is indeed plan A

Hope I don't make it look to much like the real thing

Or like a cheat

I know

I will take pictures

Certainly not buying new Grey Wartime Codes, not my era

11 hours ago, perdu said:

Does this look even remotely like Sea Grey Medium to you

Remotely yes. In the sense of being the same colour as Dracula's cloak...

Could you cut out the WZT code lettering to make a stencil using the decal sheet itself Bill?* Thuswise sticking to the spirit of the build...

Just trying to be "helpful"...:lol: 

* Light blast of spray mount to hold them in place on the fuselage during painting. Did this for the fuselage codes back on the Dornier and worked a treat.

• Like 2

Fear not Sir James, our Gannet is getting a decent amount of attention even though this graceful interloper is getting my main attention

I have sliced some of the flap actuating bulges off and am seriously considering whipping off the others

Engraving the leading edges (rounded) of the ailerons, rudder and elevators is underway, as you know this is one area where Rovex didn't try hard enough

I have to finish turning the new spinners too, pity is my mains powered Dremelalike doesn't have  a small enough mandrel to hold the spindle from my Expo one so the task is to cut away Milliput before the bearing 'slop' allows it to drift too much

I should consider one of they clever little lathes the boys treated themselves to last year...

😕

• Like 3

It may not look like it from over there but I reckon it's time to get some planning done

I am Sea Vixening (yes Martian bent winged as promised) but have a hankering for a rotary foray

As I have a few Wessii under the belt I am pondering the Lynx

I would eventually like to make a Wildcat in 72th scale but in the meantime I have discovered a Fujimi HAS2 in a far flung cupboard

The Wildcat will probably come via a Nairfix Army Lynx, but there are also the vestigial sections of an Airfix HAS too, lying around

Does anyone have opinions on the Fujimi one or even special feelings for the Airfix one?

I also have a (Shh) Italeri Merlin in a tasteful grey to build, do we have opinions on this bigger bird before I return to RAF Rotary with a pair of Wokkas?

Forward planning, somebody tell Mrs T May it can be an option

Edited by perdu
  • Like 7

58 minutes ago, perdu said:

It may not look like it from over there but I reckon it's time to get some planning done

I am Sea Vixening (yes Martian bent winged as promised) but have a hankering for a rotary foray

As I have a few Wessii under the belt I am pondering the Lynx

I would eventually like to make a Wildcat in 72th scale but in the meantime I have discovered a Fujimi HAS2 in a far flung cupboard

The Wildcat will probably come via a Nairfix Army Lynx, but there are also the vestigial sections of an Airfix HAS too, lying around

Does anyone have opinions on the Fujimi one or even special feelings for the Airfix one?

I also have a (Shh) Italeri Merlin in a tasteful grey to build, do we have opinions on this bigger bird before I return to RAF Rotary with a pair of Wokkas?

Mr P, you have too many choices floating around. With us lot on here making your choices, you'll end up doing all of them...at the same time :frantic:.

:idea:Put your choices in a hat and pull your next subject out...sorted .:yes:

Stuart

1 hour ago, perdu said:

It surely is an option :wink:

However: will this mean that you first complete your two on going builds before tackling anything else? (I do hope do) Or are you going to start multiple simultaneous builds? :frantic::D

Ciao

Not for me,Navy year looks to be stretching into Navy two years as it is

Went to club this afternoon hoping for guidance from the Massive at BM when I returned

OK I will make my own mind up, serve you right if its one of these instead

My FG1 delivered as ordered

P1010178_1.jpg

Boy I do like this one

Or maybe one of these

"I dont build aeroplanes take'em off my hands, maybe a quid a box"

P1010179_1.jpg

Or mayhap this little bird

P1010180.jpg

I generously donated two squids for the CH53 and a quid for the Seasprite, that was an outrageous three quid for all this plastic

Shocking innit

Now about my next build...

The 'toom was free of charge for winning the Parabellum Challenge last year, yippee

• Like 14

1 hour ago, perdu said:

Now about my next build...

The 'toom was free of charge for winning the Parabellum Challenge last year, yippee

Yes please, build the 'toom, please .... please... :)

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I found an Airfix Seasprite in the deepest recesses of the loft recently. Unfortunately the decals are shot and I can't find any replacements in the one true scale. That -2G conversion kit doesn't appear to come with any either...?

K

I am quite keen on modelling the Lynx as had her poor snout bashed off by an Argie bomb, down south  :(

But as our own Crisp The Ex- fancies doing her in big scale I may just make one in normal healthy mode

Lynx is a so far unscratched itch so...

• Like 1

There is more prospective naval aviation goodness in the offing here than any one forum has a right to expect!

30 minutes ago, perdu said:

But as our own Crisp The Ex- fancies doing her in big scale I may just make one in normal healthy mode

Or else a kind of 'before and after' dual-build in different scales?:whistle:

Sorry Bill, the antibiotics must be kicking in and making me extra-annoyingly 'helpful' today....:snorkle:

• Haha 4

There is something about the Seasprite, even if it didn't see British service!

Got to look over a pair of Polish Navy ones that pitched up at St Mawgan one day.

I like the earlier versions, and that Airfix kit was always on my wanted list, along with the Hormone kit, they seemed quite nice kits for the era.

However - it still ain't no Gannet!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1