1/144 - Tupolev Tu-204C by Zvezda - released - new variant Tu-204-100C released

Homebee

Maybe one of our friends from Russia would know anything about this:

Has Zvezda tooled two sets of fuselages [cargo and passenger] or did they amend the forms after releasing the Russian Post boxing and drilled passenger windows into the molds?

I would like to get the cargo version and was wondering if the Russian Post boxing would be my only chance or - with the molds untouched - Zvezda may perhaps release another boxing down the road...!?

Edited by niki

It is two different fuselage moulds - cargo and passenger, this models in production in same time now, cargo  - for Russian Post and passanger  - for all shops. Zvezda have plans release cargo version in future for sell in own sales network, not in Russian post markings.

• Thanks 1

It is preproduction view of decal, in print some decal elements were a little changed for next reason: you can go by two way for made big red area on bottom part of fuselage: 1. from decal (elements 01, 02, 03, 04); 2. you can paint it, all other elements  - you can use form decal, including doors and dark grey stripes.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Here's a question for the pros, which one of the two boxings, the 204C Cargo, or the 214-100 Passenger woudl be more appropriate to use as the basis for the ELINT 214R?

I've seen a few pictures of them, and I think it would make an interesting project, and would be a fun conversion.

Cheers!

Hoops

I have both kits and the only difference I can see is that the cargo version kit has no passenger window openings in the fuselage, and has an engraved large cargo door on the forward port side. The passenger kit comes with all the window holes plus clear window strips to fill them. So it comes down to wether you want to use decals for the windows really.

HTH

Dave

• Thanks 1

On 10/15/2018 at 5:37 AM, halcyonjet said:

I have both kits and the only difference I can see is that the cargo version kit has no passenger window openings in the fuselage, and has an engraved large cargo door on the forward port side. The passenger kit comes with all the window holes plus clear window strips to fill them. So it comes down to wether you want to use decals for the windows really.

HTH

Dave

Thanks for the feedback Dave, I'll take a look at what's available now!

Cheers,

Hoops

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sources: 

https://vk.com/armatamodels?w=wall-114983756_114773

https://arma-models.ru/catalog/grazhdanskaya_aviatsiya/7031_gruzovoy_samolyet_novogo_pokoleniya_tu_204_100s/

Another great news is the sale of a very limited batch of new products from Zvezda - Tu-204 Cargo! Completely free you will receive a set of paint masks, which will greatly simplify the application of Cargo livery!
The mask for glazing and rims contains “commas” on the engine's coke, which was probably overlooked by the manufacturer.
After a few days, the masks from the kit will be removed.
Stay with us, it will be more interesting further And hurry to get a limited Tu-204 Cargo!

6142k2e-OHBM.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1