1/100 │ MS-06K Zaku Cannon

On 25.08.2017 at 2:32 PM, Thud4444 said:

Nice! 08th MS team colors?

latest?cb=20130704003248

No, i want to try nato colors :)

On 25.08.2017 at 4:12 PM, Gimme Shelter said:

yet another kit and design that I never knew existed - I really must take a proper look in at HLJ's website where most of this weird and wonderful robotic stuff seems to originate from

:) there is dozens of interesting mecha concepts...

On 25/08/2017 at 2:12 PM, Gimme Shelter said:

yet another kit and design that I never knew existed - I really must take a proper look in at HLJ's website where most of this weird and wonderful robotic stuff seems to originate from

Wait until you get to the MSV suits, theres loads of weird and wonderful suits, then you have the Ver. Ka ones which ups the ante a bit too.

Will be watching this one with interest Tolga.  :)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 1

The rabbit antennae give a slightly samurai or tengu vibe - which might be increased if they were slanted forward a bit?

I'm not sure how I feel about the Zaku I and derivatives, I love the Zaku II and it's very similar to that, but somehow it just comes across a bit toy-like. But your building and painting work looks very nice and I do love the legs.

Cheers,

Will

15 hours ago, Will Vale said:

The rabbit antennae give a slightly samurai or tengu vibe - which might be increased if they were slanted forward a bit?

I'm not sure how I feel about the Zaku I and derivatives, I love the Zaku II and it's very similar to that, but somehow it just comes across a bit toy-like. But your building and painting work looks very nice and I do love the legs.

Cheers,

Will

PEDANT ALERT! PEDANT ALERT! The Zaku Cannon is a Zaku II variant, hence it being an MS-06 (as opposed to MS-05 for the Zaku I). PEDANT ALERT! PEDANT ALERT!

Captain Pedant, AWAY! *whoosh*

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Blastvader said:

/inbeforedazzio

How strange, it looks so Zaku I-ey! Maybe I should take back my Zaku-I grumbles...

W

• Haha 1

On 06.09.2017 at 9:38 AM, rockpopandchips said:

Looking good.

On 07.09.2017 at 3:45 AM, Will Vale said:

Cheers,

Will

Actually its a Zaku II version :) its looking toy like now but i think after washing process it will be better

On 07.09.2017 at 7:40 PM, Blastvader said:

PEDANT ALERT! PEDANT ALERT! The Zaku Cannon is a Zaku II variant, hence it being an MS-06 (as opposed to MS-05 for the Zaku I). PEDANT ALERT! PEDANT ALERT!

:D

On 08.09.2017 at 9:51 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

Rabbit ears are my choice.

It's looking good to me.

Thanks, i think i will choose rabbit ears :)

On 09.09.2017 at 0:43 PM, The Chief Smeg said:

Tolga, which silver are you using for this; it REALLY pops against the green and looks really good.

Thanks, sometimes alclad sometimes mr color. For this build i'm using alclad chrome

1 hour ago, Hunter Rose said:

Nice paint, and the rabbit antennae to me gives him a cool Briareos look

Thanks,  i think i will choose rabbit ears :)

• Like 1

On 9/7/2017 at 11:46 PM, Will Vale said:

/inbeforedazzio

How strange, it looks so Zaku I-ey! Maybe I should take back my Zaku-I grumbles...

W

Ouch.... I'm not that bad am I? :(lol

It does kinda look Zaku I-ey but I know where to look for the differences in the suits.  The main ones that *usually* give it away is that there is no horizontal strip on the mono-eye and the chest piece is, well full and angular compared to a curvey Zaku I (put an MS-05 and MS-06 side by side and you will see what I mean).  Was looking at the new HG release for the Zaku Cannon... very tempted :)

Love the camo Tolga, must have been a real pain to have masked up?  I do like the "bunny ears", however only one line of suits should have them, the TR line of Gundams, altho the TR-5 is a Gaplant... hhmm... :)

Tolga, can you stop building MG kits please?  I am eyeing up so many of them and it's pulling me away from the HG/RG's ;)lol

Kind Regards,

Dazz

On 12.09.2017 at 11:45 AM, Will Vale said:

Nice edges, and the curved pattern is really elegant. Looks like it was a fiddly masking job!

Will

Thanky you will, i hate masking :)

On 12.09.2017 at 12:47 PM, Hunter Rose said:

Ooo nice camo!

Thanks

On 13.09.2017 at 12:47 AM, Dazzio said:

Ouch.... I'm not that bad am I? :(lol

It does kinda look Zaku I-ey but I know where to look for the differences in the suits.  The main ones that *usually* give it away is that there is no horizontal strip on the mono-eye and the chest piece is, well full and angular compared to a curvey Zaku I (put an MS-05 and MS-06 side by side and you will see what I mean).  Was looking at the new HG release for the Zaku Cannon... very tempted :)

Love the camo Tolga, must have been a real pain to have masked up?  I do like the "bunny ears", however only one line of suits should have them, the TR line of Gundams, altho the TR-5 is a Gaplant... hhmm... :)

Tolga, can you stop building MG kits please?  I am eyeing up so many of them and it's pulling me away from the HG/RG's ;)lol

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Hi Dazz, i have some pg kits in my stash, if you want i can start building them :=)

Actually i like rg kits detail level and articulation but they are too small for my fingers therefore i build usually mg kits :)