Meng King Tiger (Toon tank)

This is the fourth kit that I've built in the series of 6 World War "Toon Tank" kits that MENG offers.  I know nothing about armor, but I really enjoy building these little guys.  They are a nice break from my normal routine.  I hope to be building their new German Medium tank and the Russian T-34 ASAP.  The Zimmerit was added from glazier's putty, and textured with a hair comb.  I was told my a REAL armor builder that ALL Porsche turret tigers had it.

IMG_2245_zpsdn8s3fkh.jpg

IMG_2246_zpst6q5f4hx.jpg

IMG_2247_zps2ipw71bn.jpg

IMG_2248_zpshrjcy2qt.jpg

IMG_2249_zpszjx5s0xx.jpg

Edited by Les Moore
  • Like 11

9 hours ago, Mike said:

We've got this very kit in for review at the moment. I had a look in the box the other day and it looks like it'll be a lot of fun :)

If you like, as you're such a busy chap, you could send it to me and I'll report back how fun it is :)

• Like 1

There aren't enough wheels, the aerial is too thick and the turret is too big for the chassis. Apart from that, it looks just like the real thing!:yes:

:D

Reargaurds,

Badder.

Jim Wesley... They are not to any scale, they are a fantasy kit.  Hence the name "Toon Tank".  Strictly for fun.  Still looking for the two newest releases.

UPDATE....... just heard from my kit source that it takes 7-8 weeks for new releases to arrive in the USA from Asia.  Now I know.

Edited by Les Moore