F-86D Sabre Dog 85th FIS

Hello all ... ok im still learning so hope this turns out good. 

zRtAibl.jpg

2CO06eq.jpg

7KAhq5t.jpg

This is The Revell 1/48 F-86D Sabre Dog. I chose the kit markings for the 85th Ftr. Squadron circa April of 1955. They were stationed about 200 miles away from me at Scott AFB Illinois. Kit is a pretty much out of box build. This was my first ever attempt at Foiling a kit. Hope everyone likes it. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
Learning
  • Like 14

What a lovely model and the foiling looks fabulous,...... putting decals onto foil has always put me off trying this technique, but you seem to have mastered it well and truly.

Cheers

Tony

• Thanks 1

Tonyot, stevej60, & Reini78. Thank you very much i appreciate the compliments. :penguin: 

Tonyot ... as for decals its no different than paint once the model is clearcoated. I started using foil from necessity. I didnt have an airbrush to get decent medal finishes. Since i came back into the hobby i've only had Rattlecans and the Hairystick thingies. And to get a NMF with either is rather dull and monotone. Ive changed my opinion since joining BM. I've recently acquired a new airbrush but still dont have the money for a lot of paints. So i will keep foiling planes for now. Look for my EE Lightning soon i will be starting the foil on it soon. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
Correction
  • Like 1