1/48 Hasegawa F/A-18C VFA-151 Vigilantes

6 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

How many fuel tanks?!?!?!

Looks good though mate well done 👍🏿 

6 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

How many fuel tanks?!?!?!

Looks good though mate well done 👍🏿 

I am quite aware that the outboard pylons does not have plumbing for fuel tanks. But I saw a picture where in they were ferrying a couple of tanks.

1 hour ago, speedlimit said:

I am quite aware that the outboard pylons does not have plumbing for fuel tanks. But I saw a picture where in they were ferrying a couple of tanks.

That wasn't a dig mate, I didn't know if the outer pylons are 'wet' or not because I don't know anything about hornets. It was more surprise at how many it can/needs to carry? 

All the best, Tony

• Like 1

Speed limit that photo you posted has quite the funny comment in it. If you know where San Diego and NAS LeMoore are in relation to each other.

I can remember back in the 80's when some people were equating the F-18's to WW2 Spitfires or 109's because of there internal fuel capacity. Due to there range limitations without gasbags and tankers. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

That wasn't a dig mate, I didn't know if the outer pylons are 'wet' or not because I don't know anything about hornets. It was more surprise at how many it can/needs to carry? 

All the best, Tony

All is good Tony. No worries. When I started to plan building this I was looking at the internet hoping to find an unusual load for this jet. Sure enough this was what I picked.

Eric

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Speed limit that photo you posted has quite the funny comment in it. If you know where San Diego and NAS LeMoore are in relation to each other.

I can remember back in the 80's when some people were equating the F-18's to WW2 Spitfires or 109's because of there internal fuel capacity. Due to there range limitations without gasbags and tankers. 

Yes. I used to live in San Francisco and San Diego back in the 90's. The good old days.

Eric

• Like 1