Hasegawa F-104G USAF/Luftwaffe

5xFPIUJ.jpg

iMGAac7.jpg

YrWToyG.jpg

Hello all this is my first RFI. Its an F-104G belonging to the Luftwaffe in the late 1970's and early 1980's. It was kept in the US and USAF markings for training purposes. The kit is the 1/48th Hasegawa F-104G. It is foiled for the Natural metal finish with light aircraft grey upper wings and white lowers. I used revell decals that i had spare as well as some of the Hasegawa stencils which sadly dont show up well in the photos. And the travel pod came from my spares box. It has 5 hardpoints but usually only a training bomb rack or travel pod was carried unless training for weapons delivery. I may add further photos of the model but was mainly testing to learn how to use Imgur.

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
Adjustment
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Lovely subject and well finished. Bare Metal Foil is not the easiest medium to apply, but you've managed to capture a very convincing look on that one o four. Welcome to the RFI club'!! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

stevehnz, RidgeRunner, & Rabbit Leader. Thank you all for the compliments. 

I started using foil from necessity. I didnt have an airbrush to get decent metal finishes. Since i came back into the hobby i've only had Rattlecans and the Hairystick thingies. And to get a NMF with either i thought at the time rather dull and monotone. I've since changed my opinion since joining BM. I've recently acquired a new airbrush but still dont have the money for a lot of paints. So i will keep foiling planes for now. Look for my EE Lightning soon i will be starting the foil on it soon. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

Great model! :goodjob:

IIRC this plane (or another from 'The Fighting 69' was used in the movie 'The Right Stuff' as a 'stand-in' in the scenes, where 'Chuck Yeager' (played by Sam Shepard) tries to break the height record.

If you look closely, when the plane taxies, you can see where the '69' has been on the tail! :D

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

Edited by HansReggelsen
Wrong tailnumber
  • Like 1

Mr. ... will add more photos with future posts. This and my F-86D post was to learn how to post photo's. I have about 60 models completed in my collection and about 10 in the stash. So there might be a WIP sooner or later. Confidence in my posting may help with the WIP idea.

Im currently working on 5 builds. I have WIP photos for 4 of them JIC. I have an FG.1 Phantom, EE Lightning F.3, FB VI Mosquito, and an F6F-3 Hellcat. I just started an Eduard Bf-110D today. 

• Like 1