1/32 Revell Eurocopter SA330J PUMA and 1/35 Dragon UH-1N Gunship Rambo 2 Screen Capture Diorama

Hi guys, here are the final pictures for the Rambo 2 diorama. In the movie, Rambo's Huey gets shot up by the Hind and a fire with lots of smoke erupts in the back left side of the heli. I wanted to recreate the smoke, so by using a product for RC boats I was able to achieve the correct look.

Obviously I started out only wanting to build the Hind/Puma conversion model, then I realised I had the correct Huey that was in the movie and things just snowballed into this mega giant diorama that is no way going to fit on anybody's shelf LOL! The plan is that I can take the helis off the diorama and take the helis with the base maybe to a show in the future.

I look forward to any comments and/or criticism, finally as Rambo said in the movie to Murdock "Mission Accomplished!". If you want to see my work in progress of this build, click the box below.

85N0NM1.png
kntv8jd.png
WLt3NKe.png
4w0RIc8.png
CgBAGeL.jpg
k6jzsuP.jpg
u6W1yRt.jpg
JzlzDp5.jpg
WtcKsRg.jpg
dTajxKa.jpg
KCPCVY9.jpg
5skYiHc.jpg
lwbAf4C.jpg
6gACnE2.jpg
yu6bcix.jpg
LWLFjjG.jpg
5GPgFF1.jpg
0AVHDbU.jpg
JdC86CQ.jpg
mDh83rh.jpg
01HrRwB.jpg
OeIPqNK.jpg
xLsTE7h.jpg
cheRg7T.jpg
rSE6hXw.jpg
vSxtZ1Z.jpg
We8aZPQ.jpg
OaxXETV.jpg
Z0yCGz5.jpg
f6hUJiF.jpg
uwl3nnn.jpg
ts3Nv1Z.jpg
IStpZZw.jpg
ztVIqok.png
ZU85uYV.png

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

That's brilliant, I remember only that scene from when I was small, love this, both choppers are awesome but the detail on that Huey is top notch

• Like 1

Congrats! That is one good diorama. You don't see them very often in that quality.

I especially like how you've painted the Huey, i.e. the gun and bullet impacts. A lot of "deepness" with highlighting and shadowing, really nice :-)

Cheers

B.

• 7 months later...