M18 Hellcat

Ian

Just finished, Academy M18 Hellcat... Bought as soon as it came out in 1997, started almost as soon as I got it home, finished this morning !!

177jzFM.jpg

yhlcWsI.jpg

RGKwLfq.jpg

kqNflYD.jpg

YkKwVU2.jpg

guBwpeq.jpg

yhyKE9U.jpg

kNw4PkS.jpg

Used about 30% of the Verlinden kit-specific detail set including some 'old skool' etched brass (yes BRASS), resin stowage etc, other stowage from various Tamiya and Academy sets, .50cal is from the old Tamiya US Weapons set. Most of the decals are from the spares box. Really enjoying my AFV modelling at the moment, so much so that I'm even going to try something that isn't Olive Drab in the very near future !! - As ever thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment please feel free to make any comments, criticisms or ask any questions.

Stay tuned.

Ian.

• Like 23

Thanks guys... to be fair my last AFV build (a Kiwi Firefly) took just three weeks !! - This one is definitely the exception rather than the rule.  So Jim, what's 'Union' ?, I'm from Liverpool, no idea what you're on about if it isn't played with a round ball !!

Ian.

53 minutes ago, Jim Wasley said:

Very sorry saw New Zealand and thought you were a Kiwi,I'm a Dumb Aussie.

Don't take me seriously, mate... Just a pom who isn't interested in either Union or League. Have to admit, unless there's another Brit at the bar, it's bl**dy difficult to strike-up a conversation in the pub !!

Ian.

• Like 2

Good job!!

I also bought this as soon as it came out, started it immediately and it's then moved around the country with me.

Still working on it now and again. Treated it to some new miniart crew figures this year.

Really must finish it.

Regards

Ben

Thanks all, mentioned before, twenty years isn't my usual build-time for AFV's and like Badger this has been around the UK with me, and here it is in New Zealand finally finished. Next AFV builds for me are a couple of German subjects - a discipline that I've studiously avoided for many years, but time to bite-the-bullet, I think.

Thanks again folks.

Ian.

Great Hellcat. Well worth finishing! What patience you have!

I've always like these AFVs, and was interested to see a couple of restored Hellcats feature in the film Saints and Soldiers, The Void. Have a search for it. It's not a bad film at all, but if you're wanting some reference material for Hellcats and some German Panzers, its well worth a watch.

Rearguards,

Badder

Another cracking job Ian!

I have a few 'w.ip's' that have been progressing well over the years too - longest is an Airfix Vulcan I started the week after my son was born - he's 33 in December! Really must pull my finger out...!!

Very nicely finished AFV that...!!

Keith

15 hours ago, Julien said:

Nice one mate, lets not wait that long until the next one ;) 

Julien

Welllllll.... now that you mention it, matey... Once again thanks for the comments folks, always welcome and NEVER taken for granted. Next project WiP will be up VERY soon.

Ian.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...