Sprue/flush cutter for around £10

TheVoidDragon

I bought these recently: https://www.gearbest.com/pliers/pp_278649.html

The chances of them being real Xuron is extremely slim, but apart from some bright yellow ones they were the cheapest around at the time anyway.  For sprue cutters, they do the job OK; I've also been using them for cutting 0.5mm brass rod without any problems.  I'll post back if they fail sometime soon.

1449881986148-P-3553773.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 8/22/2017 at 1:25 PM, TheVoidDragon said:

That's what i don't want to be doing, really. Would rather buy a relatively good pair the first time rather than having to keep replacing them.

I know for that budget i'm not going to get something of amazing quality, but looking at some of the posts here though it seems like at this sort of price there might not really be enough of a difference between them to go for any in particular. I'd prefer not to order from abroad if possible but the Xuron Micro-shears are something i've looked at, but i wasn't able to find any reviews for the specific one i was considering, just for the higher-priced stuff.

Save up and go for the Tamiya 74123 cutter, believe me you won't regret it. I have a very expensive pair of Despie cutters, one blunt jaw, one very sharp jaw, it slices the part, but it costs around $45 US! I have found that I end up reaching for the Tamiya ones more often.

Ron G