Lovely work. We need a bit more stick and string around here. I have a DH4a just ready to be buttoned up and rigged, but it’s been like that for almost a year :( I also have a DH9 in my stash. Maybe seeing yours take shape will spur me on to at least finishing the former.  

Edited by Marklo
  • Thanks 1

Nice to see this back! I think the generators are Rotherham pumps, to keep the fuel tank pressurised. The only time you'll ever see WWI aircraft with generators is if they were specifically built and used as night flying aircraft and had a need of electrical power for lights. 

Ian

Ps could you replace the links for the earlier pics? They've all disappeared!

Edited by limeypilot

3 hours ago, limeypilot said:

Nice to see this back! I think the generators are Rotherham pumps, to keep the fuel tank pressurised. The only time you'll ever see WWI aircraft with generators is if they were specifically built and used as night flying aircraft and had a need of electrical power for lights. 

Ian

Ps could you replace the links for the earlier pics? They've all disappeared!

If I can find out how, I'll give it a go this week sometime.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, being about as good with computers as I am with brain surgery I've decided that Photobucket reckovery is beyond me. Therefore for any of you guys who wanted

to see the earlier build pics I've decided just to upload them in their original order. It's not perfect but it will give you an idea of the journey!

KIT-1

KIT-2

KIT-3

KIT-4

KIT-5

KIT-13

KIT-14

KIT-15

KIT-16

KIT-17

KIT-18

KIT-20

KIT-21

KIT-22

KIT-23

KIT-25

KIT-26

KIT-27

And that's us pretty much recapped. There was then a long gap in the work until my recent reposts. Hope this helps. *Teaser* - the next post should hopefully

involve a rattle can!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK, it's time for that little update I promised last time, and I have to say first of all I lied - I said it would involve a rattle can but it doesn't. It involves two rattle cans!!

Thought I would post as I'm excited the way it's going now, she's not gonna win a gold medal at any shows but I'm more than happy. Enough chunter - some pics:

Here we have the lower surface of the upper wing with long range tank and lovely colours applied:

KIT-39

And the undersides with the same treatment metered out:

KIT-40

And the upper surface of the upper wing:

KIT-41

Finally, fuselage upperside. There's a bit of a cock-up wher some tissue stuck to the red colour on the leading edge but it's just a little sand back and touch up so

should be fine. I think using spray cans shows up the finest of mistakes, however I'm more than happy as this is the most major kit surgery I've ever attempted.

KIT-42

C's&C's most welcome. Thanks for looking.

Edited by mackem01
Add forgotten photograph.
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Look who's back! As well as working on my GB builds, I thought I'd try to push on (again) with this. After searching everywhere for the lighter interwar

roundels with no luck, I had ordered a set of Xtradecal Walrus markings and realised the roundels were on there. After using these the build stopped

again for want of some rudder flash. This I was unable to find and a couple of days ago decided to use the nearest blue I had; after a couple of insipid

attempts at mixing the correct shade I just decided to go with what I had - it's nowhere near but at least I'm progressing the build.

After much faffing, the upper wing is now on:

KIT-45

We also have a bit more progress on detail parts and markings:

KIT-44

KIT-43

KIT-46

The pic above shows the increase in span. I should have increased the chord too but I thought that may be beyond me - maybe next time! On the plus side, she

also now has some very 'agricultural' bomb racks:

KIT-47

The Walrus build still takes priority but I'll plod on as time and inclination allows. This has been my biggest conversion to date and I'm really pleased with how

it's gone. It lacks a bit of refinement but hey - baby steps!

Thanks for looking.....

Edited by mackem01
  • Like 1