A Pair of Emil's +++COMPLETED+++

BIG X

23 hours ago, BIG X said:

OK OK - I'm now regarding this as finished - HOORAY they say - at long last - we thought this was going to be a quick build - but it's taken 16 days.  Here's a couple of pix - I will try to get an RFI post up tomorrow night - it's getting late now...

IMG_2624.jpg

IMG_2627.jpg

...and for those that have been - thanks for following - the support and advice is most appreciated...

...cheers - Steve

What a nice these two make , especially with that base ...B):yes:

• Like 1

12_shelf.jpg

OK - they have now been put to bed on the shelf and I have taken some slightly better pictures for an RFI thread - here...

Thanks for looking in / following / commenting / motivating - it is most appreciated. :grouphug:

...now what to start next...

Steve ;)

• Like 6

• BIG X changed the title to A Pair of Emil's +COMPLETED+!!!
1 minute ago, Tony Oliver said:

The rest of them!

How many did you buy?

:) 

Ahhhh.... Yes... Ummm...  I bought 5 on a whim - so there are another 3 in the stash - plus 2 at 1/24 scale too...

I blame @The Spadgent for the 2 big ones - his thread running up to Christmas last year got me hooked on that idea :doh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 05/09/2017 at 8:30 PM, BIG X said:

The 'brass plaque' - courtesy of a bit of photoshop and some glossy photo paper - over laminated matt to protect it and some double sided mount film to stick it to the base...

BASEA.jpg

I hate to do this, but may I point out a spelling mistake? It's "Jagdgeschwader" without the "s" after the 1st "d".

Everything else is just mindblowingly good.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mainly28s said:

I hate to do this, but may I point out a spelling mistake? It's "Jagdgeschwader" without the "s" after the 1st "d".

Thank you good sir - my spelling is dreadful - especially in German.  I shall correct this error this evening :doh:

made me giggle though...

Well, the German habit of concatenating words to make new ones can certainly cause confusion and is difficult to master!

I only wish I had your skill- mine don't come anywhere near to this. I'll probably be putting an RfI of my latest mess up after the weekend.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mainly28s said:

Well, the German habit of concatenating words to make new ones can certainly cause confusion and is difficult to master!

I only wish I had your skill- mine don't come anywhere near to this. I'll probably be putting an RfI of my latest mess up after the weekend.

Don't put yourself down - anyone who can use the word - concatenating - on this forum is a hero in my book...

Definition of Concatenate by Merriam-Webster - Concatenate comes directly from Latin concatenare, which in turn is formed from con-, meaning "with" or "together," and catena, meaning "chain." In fact, the word chain itself evolved from "catena." "Concatenate" has a somewhat longer history as an adjective, meaning "linked together," than as a verb.

YES - I did have to look it up.  I look forward to your RFI :)

• Haha 2

Crikey Steve 

They look fabulous mate! Top job indeed. 

I think one of the big ones deserves to come out of the box as your next build ;)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Antb said:

Crikey Steve 

They look fabulous mate! Top job indeed. 

I think one of the big ones deserves to come out of the box as your next build ;)

Cheers Ant - I try my best and hopefully I am beginning to get the hang of it - but the main thing is having fun and they were fun to build - thank you Airfix

4 hours ago, Mainly28s said:

OK Sir - here's my homework - please check for spelling and grammar - before I print it off and stick it down tomorrow ;)

6x9.jpg 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 07/09/2017 at 10:10 AM, BIG X said:

Ahhhh.... Yes... Ummm...  I bought 5 on a whim - so there are another 3 in the stash - plus 2 at 1/24 scale too...

I blame @The Spadgent for the 2 big ones - his thread running up to Christmas last year got me hooked on that idea :doh:

Sorry.:blush: you'll love building the big uns. Do them next. Go on you know you want to. Can't believe I missed this build, :doh: I'll just have to go and read it from the start with a lovely RFI too. Nice one. :clap2:

Johnny

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Thanks 1

Just now, The Spadgent said:

Sorry.:blush: you'll love building the big uns. Donthem next. Go on you know you want to. Can't believe I missed this build, :doh: I'll just have to go and read it from the start with a lovely RFI too. Nice one. :clap2:

Johnny

Cheers Jonny - a DOUBLE 1/24 109 BUILD??? - I'm gonna need a bigger base board!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, BIG X said:

Cheers Jonny - a DOUBLE 1/24 109 BUILD??? - I'm gonna need a bigger base board!!!

Go on!!!!  Go on go on go on!!!!!!  a 2 fold 1/24 - that I would like to see!!!!!! ;)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On ‎07‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 15:40, Mainly28s said:

OK - I said I would fix it and I have ;)

base.jpg

On 24/08/2017 at 2:45 PM, BIG X said:

Time to the get T-Shirt with SWMBO's mantra on...

t-shirt.jpg

I need this! :lol:

On 03/09/2017 at 9:07 AM, BIG X said:

Cheers for the tip Jonty - Costa Coffee will be wondering where all their stirrers have vanished to.

Could I ask - do you use your washes for overall coverage / to accentuate panel lines / to create staining - or...

...all of the above???

I've only just got mine and plan to have a delve into the dark world of AFV's - where I will be going for all three - but on here I'm just attempting to pick out the panel lines and rivets a little.

How about you???

Steve

PS - Thanks for taking the time to have a look - not up to your level of skill - but I'll get there one day. :blush:

Sorry for the late reply. I just had a lovely 30 minute read through your lovely build. What a great finish. To answer your question. I use Flory washes to add the base grub/dark layer in all the nooks and crannies and panel lines etc. I use Tamiya weathering pigments for high lights and stains. I find Flory great as you can wash it all off with water if you screw up, which I do. A lot. :lol:

oh and I think your dual build is fantastic. Right up there with the cream of the crop here on our lovely site. 

Johnny

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

I need this! :lol:

Sorry for the late reply. I just had a lovely 30 minute read through your lovely build. What a great finish. To answer your question. I use Flory washes to add the base grub/dark layer in all the nooks and crannies and panel lines etc. I use Tamiya weathering pigments for high lights and stains. I find Flory great as you can wash it all off with water if you screw up, which I do. A lot. :lol:

oh and I think your dual build is fantastic. Right up there with the cream of the crop here on our lovely site. 

Johnny

Cheers Johnny - praise indeed from someone of your skill.

Re the T-shirt - it's just a mock up of course.  I was a little bored at work one afternoon, so I made the sprue in photoshop.  I have to say though the number of people who have commented that they want one is amazing.

I think I should book a small stand at SMW17 and get some stock made...

I would also need...

• toy car
  • toy boat
  • toy soldier
  • toy spaceship
  • toy tank

Available in S/M/L/XL/SM - small - medium - large - extra large - small marquee

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BIG X said:

Cheers Johnny - praise indeed from someone of your skill.

Re the T-shirt - it's just a mock up of course.  I was a little bored at work one afternoon, so I made the sprue in photoshop.  I have to say though the number of people who have commented that they want one is amazing.

I think I should book a small stand at SMW17 and get some stock made...

I would also need...

• toy car
  • toy boat
  • toy soldier
  • toy spaceship
  • toy tank

Available in S/M/L/XL/SM - small - medium - large - extra large - small marquee

I'd have one!

I'm pretty surprised such a thing doesn't exist!

Business opportunity ? ;)

• Thanks 1

• BIG X changed the title to A Pair of Emil's +++COMPLETED+++