Italeri 1/72 Sherman Jumbo & Friends

Here is my recently completed Italeri 1/72 Sherman Jumbo, from their Quickbuild series. It has snow on it because it is for use in a Bastogne diorama I am starting work on... snow is krycell from Precision Ice & Snow. Good stuff. First time using it, too, bar tests :lol:. It is meant to be light snow, though I should have some more buildups. I haven't completely finished putting snow in the tracks and surrounds, and you can probably see some seams etc... and the .50 cal looks more like some sort of 20mm cannon, but it's a quickbuild for a reason, no? :S Photos were a bit rushed on my phone... honestly some are terrible pictures!! Need to clean the lens! Any feedback welcome, thanks for looking!

IMG_2185[1]IMG_2186[1]IMG_2189[1]IMG_2190[1]

Edited by SJLR_1
  • Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback!

The Jumbo has been joined by a friend... and an enemy.

Again, italeri quickbuilds; M4A3 76mm Sherman and a Pz VI Tiger E

First ever attempt at a whitewash camo, on the Sherman; didn't turn out that bad for a first try.

The tiger has a lot more snow on it than the shermans!

IMG_2285[1]IMG_2286[1]IMG_2284[1]

Again, subpar pictures, but you get the idea :P

Edited by SJLR_1
  • Like 2

Very nice. The snow effect is good, but the photo colour balance doesn't show it to best effect.

I like these quick build kits, they encourage you to finish them without getting bogged down in overdetailing.

Edited by 3DStewart
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, 3DStewart said:

Very nice. The snow effect is good, but the photo colour balance doesn't show it to best effect.

I like these quick build kits, they encourage you to finish them without getting bogged down in overdetailing.

Thank you for the feedback. Yeah, the camera on my phone doesn't work too well with these sort of close-up shots, I might try it with a proper camera sometime!