Hasegawa 1/72 F-111F Lakenheath

Here is my 1/72nd Hasegawa F-111F. I usually only build in 1/48 but the amount of work required to update and correct either the Academy or Hobbyboss kits is way to expensive and time consuming for my liking. Hopefully one day someone will give us a Tamiya/ Hasegawa/ AMK etc etc standard kit one day. This is an older build I completed in around 08-09. For aftermarket I added Verlindens cockpit update, Master Model pitot and various weapons from Hasegawa 1/72 weapons sets. Decals are a mixture of Superscale, Xtradecal and the kit decals. Painting was done with the long out of production Aeromaster Warbird acrylics and Tamiya acrylics. 

eCWPtvv.jpg

p6mWTIw.jpg

GbIy2wb.jpg

UUEL4Ju.jpg

5fBVsMH.jpg

VDZ9fxl.jpg

2tNq3fj.jpg

DR8d1Kz.jpg

l8rSk2o.jpg

JK9Je5Y.jpg

5HpsEKD.jpg

tRnMnTh.jpg

• Like 52

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2017 at 5:17 AM, PLC1966 said:

Really nice model of a proper Cold War Classic.

Come to think of it, I really miss the Cold War !!

Haha me too! I can't really bring myself to actually build a model of any 5th generation fighters. The stealthiness just seems to take a lot away from an aircrafts aesthetics.

On 8/21/2017 at 9:01 PM, MarkusOZ said:

Nice job building a hard to come by kit! They seem quite rare these days 

Yep both this model and all of the aftermarket I used on it I bought off Ebay. I can't remember how much it cost but Im pretty sure it more than doubled the kits retail price.

Hello,Joel - A beautiful build of a superb aircraft and wearing my favourite USAFE Unit Markings.This also brings back happy memories of seeing them visiting my local RAF Station at Leeming.I love it.

😉👍All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

Oh how I miss these, I remember back in the early 90's as a child watching these at the end of Lakenheath's runway. Loved it when they circuit bashed at the end of a sortie. Your model is fantastic, very nice indeed. Thank you for the nostalgia.

Marc

• Like 2

On 9/12/2017 at 6:13 AM, exdraken said:

Very nice modell of the Vaark!

And I second that an ,  say AMK F-111 would be great!

:thumbsup:

I'm patiently waiting for someone who is willing to take the F-111 serious enough to do some actual research when designing a new kit. Manufacturers like AMK are starting to become more commonplace nowadays so There is some hope.