1/48 - Bristol Type 171 Sycamore by AMP - HR.50/.51, Mk.52/Mk.14 & HR.14 - released - new Mk.4/HR.50 boxing by Red Roo Models

Homebee

After the Sikorsky HO3S-1 (link), AMP is to release a 1/48th Bristol Type 171 Sycamore kit - ref. 48004

:clap2::yahoo:

I really like these vintage small helicopters... In the right (quarter) scale! 

Source: the HO3S-1 box

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Simon said:

Nice. Hope they print the decals the right way round though...:whistle:

And put the air scoop on the port side.;)

I'll need a couple especially if they do the bulged rear doors.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The CAD pictures have gone thanks to Postimage screwing up as has been reported elsewhere.

They look very nice to us and we could only find a few minor comments, which may be only relevant from a local viewpoint.

1. Some versions had a round back seat different to what is shown - maybe a civil/military difference?

2. The seat belts are incorrect according to our information. They are Type ZC on all drawings and pictures we have.

3. it would be good if the navigation lights are a separate part as their position on the gear legs varied between aircraft. They were clamped on.

4. The cyclic control sticks need handles on them.

5. The doors in the CAD are the uncommon ambulance doors. We presume  that normal doors will be supplied as well.

6. The protector plate ‘fairing’ on the gear leg aft of the exhaust should be a separate part as it was sometimes removed, particularly on RAN ones.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ed Russell said:

The CAD pictures have gone thanks to Postimage screwing up as has been reported elsewhere.

They look very nice to us and we could only find a few minor comments, which may be only relevant from a local viewpoint.

1. Some versions had a round back seat different to what is shown - maybe a civil/military difference?

2. The seat belts are incorrect according to our information. They are Type ZC on all drawings and pictures we have.

3. it would be good if the navigation lights are a separate part as their position on the gear legs varied between aircraft. They were clamped on.

4. The cyclic control sticks need handles on them.

5. The doors in the CAD are the uncommon ambulance doors. We presume  that normal doors will be supplied as well.

6. The protector plate ‘fairing’ on the gear leg aft of the exhaust should be a separate part as it was sometimes removed, particularly on RAN ones.

thank you very much, we will consider these comments. Some have already been corrected. 3 versions of the rear of the cabin have already been made.

• Like 2

I think the problem is that the Sycamore was one of those helicopters that went through many changes in production, and with the services that they flew with.

The kit looks to based on the main production HR.14 and to me looks correct for that.  The bulged ambulance doors were very common on this version and the related Mk14/52 Belgian & German export variants, more so than the solid door even on the SAR, training and VIP role Sycamores.

I would love to build a two door HR.12 but I couldn't possibly expect a model company to be able to make that many changes.

As it is Mikromir seem to be very good at listening to people.:yes:

• Like 2