Lakenheath F-15C's - Decals in 1/72

eng

Good Evening,

I've one of the newer Academy 1/72 F-15C kits in the stash and have taken a notion to build this as a Lakenheath aircraft however I'm really struggling to find decals in 1/72 for these aircraft.

F-15E is fine in 1/72 and 1/48, I have some in the decal stash. In 1/48 there is either the new Caracal sheet or the decals out the box with the Academy MSIP II kit for the F-15C but there appears to be nothing in 1/72 other than an old DACO Astra decals sheet that appears to be as rare as hens teeth. Am I missing something here or is there just no demand for these? As far as I can see no current kit of the C includes LN aircraft decals. I did email Caracal to see if they could or intended to produce the 48th scale sheet in 1/72 but I've had no response to my query.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Eng

On 23/08/2017 at 3:18 PM, CaracalModels said:

OK, fine, fine.. You're right, I should have done these in 1/72 as well. I will put it on the release program for the November timeframe.

Hey folks, 

I certainly wasn't having a dig at Caracal, your decals are outstanding. I think my email was quite reasoned and in fact I was willing to pay the cost of a one-off print if necessary. I really appreciate that you are going to release these in 1/72 and despite currently having sourced decals elsewhere I will still purchase the Caracal sheet as well

I really think there will be an uptake for these in the "smaller scale", particularly with UK (and hopefully US) modellers of the mighty Eagle.

Thank you for putting a plan out there for these, looking forward to November

Eng

On 8/23/2017 at 3:18 PM, CaracalModels said:

OK, fine, fine.. You're right, I should have done these in 1/72 as well. I will put it on the release program for the November timeframe.

Yes please! It's sorely missing.

You also would probably make a killing from some Gulf/Yugoslav war Eagles decals. *wink* *wink*

7 hours ago, eng said:

I certainly wasn't having a dig at Caracal, your decals are outstanding. I think my email was quite reasoned and in fact I was willing to pay the cost of a one-off print if necessary. I really appreciate that you are going to release these in 1/72 and despite currently having sourced decals elsewhere I will still purchase the Caracal sheet as well

Of course it was - it is just that I recently came back from vacation in Europe and found dozens of emails waiting for me. I am afraid I was not able to reply to a bunch of these, and yours was probably one of them.

Thanks for the kind words and your support. UK represents about 30% of Caracal's revenues (even more of the 1/72 scale revenues) and your wishes are very important to me. I should have done Lakenheath F-15 and F-15E's in this scale long ago - an omission I plan to rectify fairly quickly.

Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CaracalModels said:

Thanks for the kind words and your support. UK represents about 30% of Caracal's revenues (even more of the 1/72 scale revenues) and your wishes are very important to me. I should have done Lakenheath F-15 and F-15E's in this scale long ago - an omission I plan to rectify fairly quickly.

Thanks!

Whilst we've got your attention, can I suggest the CAF & RAAF Hawk sheet along with the USMC AV-8B sheet be produced in 1/72 please? (If anyone else is after these too, please fell free to chime in here!). Decent USMC AV-8B decals seem to be rather lacking in 1/72, despite the ready availability of the Hasegawa AV-8B and AV-8B+ kits. It's just not cricket that the 1/48 folks get all the nice schemes!! Same goes for the BAe Hawk 100 series, readily available kits in 1/72 but a lack of alternative schemes to do them in. S'not fair!

Thanks very much,

Mark.

On 26-8-2017 at 8:03 PM, Phantome said:

Yes please! It's sorely missing.

You also would probably make a killing from some Gulf/Yugoslav war Eagles decals. *wink* *wink*

With 1/72nd F-16 90-0778 AMRAAM Iraqi MiG-25 and the 526th FS Yugoslav Jastreb killers, please. While you're at it.  ;) 

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1