Revell.1/28 Fokker Triplane.

Hi folk's,after seeing Wolwe's beautiful model in RFI I decided eventually I must have another build of this iconic aircraft having built the newer tool Revell

one in 1/72 scale a year or two back so made a note for the future,anyway my LMS were clearing out Revell stock with 40% off including the fifty plus

year old 1/28 molding so sooner than expected I get the chance.Despite it's age it holds up well flash wise,and for a tenner I get a decent size model to

play with an OOB build coming with just a little extra work where needed without going OTT.

Box art familier to most.

20170820_192938

First job after cleaning up the few main part's was to enhance what can be seen in the cockpit ready for the base cplour, Ihave a post in WW1 aviation

for tips on painting especially the wood prop.

20170820_192917

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 5

Hi folk's the evergreen strip didn't fare that well underpaint so I used scrap sprue after painting the wood portion on the areas that will

be seen through the cockpit opening for the framing.

20170822_135936

• Like 5

4 hours ago, spaddad said:

Hi Steve,

what happened to the evergreen?

Hi Dave it's under the paint, when I primed and painted it it just blended in and was hardly noticable so I used some scrap sprue .

Looking forward to this Steve :)

I first read MvR's first and only book 26 years ago.

It's really interesting to read between the lines and see how his demeanour changes as the war progresses.

Very nice detailing on the interior here; I'll go and have a read of your tips in the WWI area :thumbsup2:

Best regards 

TonyT

• Like 2

Hi folk's a bit progress,I've glued and sanded the three wing's and also the fuselage is glued and  sanded ready for primer.

20170823_111049

Also the wheel spat assembly done and primed the engine in black.

20170823_112028

• Like 4

4 hours ago, spaddad said:

i thought you were knocking off until after the kitchen apocalypse!

Ive packed away the expensive stuff Dave but I'm tinkering with these cheapies this was eleven quid and the Spitfires only six each so if it goes pear shape

no great loss,mind I missed the build deadline with the Trumpeter 109e which was annoying! And I'm attempting a six hour blitzbuild for this weekend's GB.

If anyones going to blitz a build in six hours the smart money's got to be going on you!

I'm gannin up yaem this w/end to pick up the offspring to bring them down here for a few days, taking them back up on Monday so may call in at the model shop, depends what time I decide to come home as I've got work on Tuesday night.

• Like 1

Morning folk's,last job yesterday I super glued the under carriage in place and used a bit flexi filler where needed on the wing joint's.

the centre wing is a nice tight fit so can be taken off and re-fitted for painting,

20170825_104317

I decided to prime in earth as I think it might dull down the layer's of red to come .

20170825_111808

• Like 3

Hi folk's,back to this project I've started to paint the Red using Tamiya flat red,the undersides first and brush paintedthe engine Humbrol

enamel silver,added a black wash so when it's dried off I'll remove the excess with a cotton bud.I'll fix it in place once the whole airframe is

done.

20170828_204124

• Like 2

Morning all,happy with the red so far it's got a nice dark hue on the airframe I'll be dry brushing the ribbed detail's as well,I used a light primer

on the wheel's to break up the shade's the same treatment will done on other part's too.Primed the other wing's ready for the red.

20170830_113413

• Like 5

Hard to believe that this old kit is still being used as a basis for some very good models. Just shows that the latest technological tricks are not necessary to produce fine models: just a bit of patience and care will do the trick!

P

• Like 1

Hi folk's,moved the build on a little,added the wheel's just a second coat on the tyre's needed I've dry brushed the ribbed detail too.My weak point

is representing wood thankfully only the prop and wing struts to do on this aircraft.

20170901_112329

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi folk's,well at the risk of tempting fate all's going well and now she's  really starting to look like the Red Baron's mount,not obvious from the

photo's are the differing shade's of red although subtle are there and yes it's red but not in your face red which is what I'm after.

20170902_194923

20170902_194909

• Like 5

Hello Steve,

Good job on the MvR, I started the Eduard ones at 1/48.

It's incredible, finally, we look at this old box saying "oh we have far better now "

But you did great with the old kit, Congratulations !:yes:

Good point with the different shades, she has not been painted in one stroke !

But from time to time with any color available, now you buy another one

and you did her in yellow, as per the Lothar triplane !

They met twice with their respectives Dr 1...

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

They met twice with their respectives Dr 1...

Wow I had no idea that Lowther flew a yellow Dr1,great idea for another one,the Eduard kit's are beautiful I built Kempf's machime last year;

DSCN1082_zpssmiwg9et.jpg

DSCN1081_zpsvw8bihol.jpg

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Wow I had no idea that Lowther flew a yellow Dr1,great idea for another one,the Eduard kit's are beautiful I built Kempf's machime last year;

DSCN1082_zpssmiwg9et.jpg

DSCN1081_zpsvw8bihol.jpg

Wow, very good one ! the typicall streaks are fine !

I suppose that you did it with an hairystick ?

Very nice Dr 1, Will be glad if I do even half as good as you did !

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2

7 hours ago, spaddad said:

Very clever idea, using different shades of "not red arrows" red, that alone should make it stand out, nice one.

Cheer's Dave,glossing and tinkering with the editor due to the poor light makes her look a little "red" but the matt coat as per

the bottom wing will restore the darker shade,my heart sank as I slid off the first decal as they are very thin but it has helped

tone down the brightness.

20170903_102647

Hopefully youcan make out where revell have printed the black crosses on the wing to represent the squaring off

of the original marking's anice touch.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 3