Hobbyboss 1/72 Hawker Sea Hawk RED DEVILS

Hi guys!

This is the new member of my Aerobatic Collection. Hobbyboss 1/72 Sea Hawk Red Devils Aerobatic Team. The Hobbybos kit is really nice. I did not use putty anywhere, just sandpaper. It is the first time I paint with Vallejo acrylics, which I found very good becouse the drying time compared to enamels, wich allowed me to finish it only in 6 days from the opening of the box until the photo session.

The finish was made with Humbrol Clear Gloss Varnish and decals are from the "Royal Navy Aerobatic teams" set from Model Alliance.

Cheers!

Orlando.

01_zpsicifqsth.jpg

02_zpsvei19kfz.jpg

03_zpsxmoi8rvr.jpg

04_zps333w3nkk.jpg

05_zps3h6kqas8.jpg

06_zpscfg3ztcv.jpg

Edited by orlando
  • Like 24

Very nice indeed Orlando :clap: 

It's good to hear that you liked the Hobby Boss kit. I hope to build a little group of Sea Hawks. I have an MPM kit and I heard that the Hobby Boss was a faster build.

Could I please ask; which Vallejo red did you use for the colour? It looks superb.

:goodjob: 

TonyT

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Could I please ask; which Vallejo red did you use for the colour? It looks superb.

Thanks for your kind words guys !

TonyTiger, The color is 71.085 Ferrari Red Model Air, over 2 white primer layers (red turns almost brown if you don't put a white layer first).

Orlando.

• Thanks 1