Hello!

SaminCam

Hi all, my name is Sam, I live in Cambridge and like lots of you have returned to modelling following a 20 year hiatus (I'm 33 now). Making plastic aircraft models, balsa wood gliders and lego had a big impact on me growing up and after an engineering degree, a dalliance with the real world and a PhD I now work in aerodynamics research. A few months ago the Spitfires and B17 that fly over from Duxford made it through my sub-conscious and reminded me how much I enjoyed building and painting models. After a bit of research (a lot of it on here) and the wonders of online shopping I've returned to the hobby by making a 1/72 Airfix Mustang and the Revell B17 "Little Miss Mischief". I've got access to an airbrush at work and I've been trying to get along with it (with varying levels of success) to produce a NMF for both models; hopefully I'll get some photos of those posted this week. Real life is a bit hectic at the moment so not sure when I'm going to get on to the next one (maybe a B29?) but I look forward to hanging out here and looking at more of your fantastic work. 

• Like 3