Dark Imperium Primaris Marines

So I caved and got myself the boxed set. With the new rules it seemed like a decent time to hop aboard. God knows where I'll find the time, but the plan is to get enough minis together to actually play a game at some point.

Before launching into batch painting, I've painted up these three marines to help decide on chapter colours. These are actually the three from the 'easy build' boxed set.

36291414660_a9edcfd57b_b.jpg

I'd welcome opinions but am currently leaning toward the blue-green scheme on the left, as it carries fewer connotations with existing GW colour schemes.

PS. Colour balancing is a nightmare with red. I've had to de-saturate to get anything that looks like the real item, however it means that the green one on the right is now a bit duller than IRL.

cheers,

Jason

• Like 4

They all look great, but I'd agree with you that the blue-green is the best. That one would give you more scope with shading/highlighting too, at least compared to the red.

Having said that, I do like the one on the right as well.

Andy

• Thanks 1

Thanks Andy. The camera really has flattened Mr. Red somewhat. There's as much shading on him as the others! The green one looks okay to me as well, but I think a whole army of them would be a little drab on the tabletop.

J.