A question about Revell Tornado kits

upnorth

Hello all

I'm considering buying one of the Revell Tornado kits and I have a question about the available Luftwaffe edition kits for anyone who might know.

Do the Luftwaffe kits have the data stencil decals printed separately from any decals associated with the special paint schemes they all have, or is there one of those kits that features a standard Luftwaffe "line bird" option on the decal sheet as well as the special scheme?

I ask this as I'd like the kit for a "What if" project and I'll need German data stencils for it, but they will be useless to me if they are incorporated into a bigger decal or are not the fleet standard type.

I know I could go the aftermarket route, but if one of those kits has a decal sheet that could save me the time it would be great.

Thanks in advance

Hi, upnorth,

I got you asked for the 1/72nd kits. Otherwise, you have already been answered. 

I have made the same research a couple of years ago. Very few boxings came with an alternative operational aircraft, and those with special schemes come with "integral" decals. When I build a couple, I resorted to Model decals sheets, on "silly offer" at Hannants, for very early birds.

I remember only the "Tiger Meet ECR" 4617 and "Boelcke" 4361 came with an alternative operational machine, one in Tactical and the other in Norm 83 camos.

Fernando

• Like 1

On 21. 8. 2017 at 1:31 PM, Fernando said:

Hi, upnorth,

I got you asked for the 1/72nd kits. Otherwise, you have already been answered. 

I have made the same research a couple of years ago. Very few boxings came with an alternative operational aircraft, and those with special schemes come with "integral" decals. When I build a couple, I resorted to Model decals sheets, on "silly offer" at Hannants, for very early birds.

I remember only the "Tiger Meet ECR" 4617 and "Boelcke" 4361 came with an alternative operational machine, one in Tactical and the other in Norm 83 camos.

Fernando

Thanks, Fernando.

As I've never seen one on my local shop shelves, I completely forgot that Revell made the 1/48 Tornado. I did indeed mean the 1/72 kits.

Thankfully their Boelke "Black Thunder" kit is easy to find here and it has a standard (Norm 83) scheme in it.