1/72 twin otter revel kit passenger seats?

Tim K

I would like to add some limited detail in the passenger cabin. I wandered about buying another cheap kit that had passenger seats already made which I could adapt?

Does any body produce 1/72 crew none military, pilot and co pilot plus passengers was wandering about railway figures?

Stuck on progress until i can get on with this!

Hello, Tim K

Unfortunately I cannot help you with seat donor kit. About passengers and traffic pilots ... Preiser produced very good set. Since it was intended to represent passengers from so-called golden era or aviation (between wars), passenger's clothing is of course a bit old fashioned, but will still do for more recent times. Just type ˝Preiser 1/72 passengers˝ into your search engine and you will get the idea. Cheers

Jure

Preiser also makes sets of seated railway passengers in HO (1/87) scale. That's 83% of the correct size, but if they are on the inside of your airplane, few will notice he discrepancy.

Thanks for your suggestions it put me on different thread of thought.

1) passsenger seats are coming from an ebay purchase which is an insert of a Lima coach. This will have to be adaped somewhat! but will provide the basis.

2) passengers are coming from - Peco Unpainted Passenger and Station Staff Figures Wonderland Model no 5200, pack of 20 including two children (grandson sorted). again these will have to be adapted some what.

With little seen through the cabin windows, accuracy is not paramount - the above will provide a quick solution.

Interupted by Rick Astley and the Foo Fighters playing "never gonna give you up", yes the inside of the twin otter could well be a visual of their collaboration!

Whirly Bits make a set of S61N- seats, which are standard commercial passenger seats. Combination of white metal and PE.

Same seats are included in plastic in the Airfix Skyvan- kit. Don't know though, if these seats are too big for the Twin Otter; the cabin might be too cramped for standard seats.

Hth.

:yes:

Gertjan 

• 2 months later...

I detailed my Twin Otter with seats from the Esci kit of the Fokker F-27.  To get them, you need to look for the Air UK version of the kit as the transport/SAR version is missing the sprue with the seats.

Edited by zed
typo