1/72- P-63 Kingcobra, AMG - renders- release November 2017

dora

39 minutes ago, JWM said:

interesting...

Yes, very interesting - especially since my attempt to build the Toko/Roden 1/72 P-63A is at a complete standstill. It sits above the active area of my workspace, defying me... :wall:

Now I'm really looking forward to November - I hope AMG hits that release date!!!

John

1 hour ago, John Thompson said:

especially since my attempt to build the Toko/Roden 1/72 P-63A is at a complete standstill.

I have the Toko kit on my pile for a sometime next year build. What are the problems you are having?

14 hours ago, hsr said:

I have the Toko kit on my pile for a sometime next year build. What are the problems you are having?

Well, it's been a while, but I went and took a look at it to try to refresh my memory... Um, where was I? Oh yes - the Toko P-63 - plenty of dry-fitting needed, but that was to be expected with what's basically a limited-run kit. The wings need a lot of work to thin the trailing edges satisfactorily. Mine was almost ready for paint when I put it aside. There was nothing show-stoppingly wrong with it that I can see; maybe I just got distracted by something else. I do think the nose is a bit narrow/not quite bulged enough in plan view, but that could just be my imagination. I recall that the canopy was somewhat thick and clunky, too. On the plus side, the surface detail is amazing and the cockpit it quite nice, but you probably noticed those things already. Bottom line, I think it wasn't so much that it's a terrible kit if you don't mind dry-fitting, and considering that it was nearly ready to be painted, probably I just lost interest in anticipation that the AMG kit would be better, and I decided to wait and see.

I hope this helps!

John

Edited by John Thompson
  • Thanks 1