Greetings!

Barrie Durrant

Greetings Britmodellers.

Apologies for not introducing myself earlier (I got carried away uploading pictures of models and didn't notice this area of the forum :whistle:).

Anyway....I'm Barrie :bye:, originally from Plymouth but now living in Penryn, which is way down in Cornwall between Truro and Falmouth.  I've worked in a Microbiology lab for the last 22 years, but have recently decided to have a change (Not quite sure what yet but I'm too old now to join the Navy or Air Force :happy: so model making is about as close as I'll get).

My main modelling interests are military aircraft (usually 1/48), ships (1/700 and 1/350) and also Sci-fi (any scale).

Thanks for allowing me to join the community, it really is a fantastic source of information; hopefully I'll be able to make a positive contribution.

Barrie

V43ZkpcGPti3UI-ekgeaodH8VAsuXM5ZY4s_4Nqx

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ade H said:

Ooh, no interest in British Army wheeled vehicles of WWII? [Shuffles off]

A warm welcome from a fellow BM newcomer anyway, Barry!

Ade....Anything military......I love it......however, given that time is limited, planes and ships it must be :shrug:

I did build a few WWII tanks once though :D

Best wishes....Barrie

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CurrantBunbury said:

Welcome! :) Any era of aircraft in particular, or just a bit of everything?

Thanks CurrantBunbury

I do love anything that flies really, but WWII, Modern Jets (Cold war and beyond), Helicopters, followed by all the rest.......(If I had to choose :D)

Next on my wish list is the upcoming Airfix 1/48 Boulton Paul Defiant Night fighter variant.  Had a 1/72 scale kit when I was a lad....loved it.

Barrie

• Like 1

:penguin:Happy to see you here, Barrie!

My favourites are wooden Ships and plastic 1/350 of any eras, peculiarly before I WW.

Hope to see :ner: soon your models!

Fair Winds,

Laerte

• Thanks 1