KV-2 - 1/35 Trumpeter

The kit is one of the best from KV's. Added metal tracks, metal barrel. One of few models with base and figures - you know now why.

ClFLlgYBAAZwhAibp8a6hxrE6S1gbqldlUvcXEUt

ziivxcG5nfxqkheHv2X0wJRvqHRZ1vIde7XwfsRv

nyY5yY6LeH8rxNnVUNnYsdpkUeZBtiYO82k_0bF4

ytZkk8_NNVMR1vCcvxGI-dOqK9td8y59LhmVBgNj

Xr8mA8wEvWG8ZR3hp4XVeoglVwJsugwklhXxEx4V

-5LPDoi_hmrINVi7yIn3xLfvZHwHw-F_bHiWmUTW

r8w3dlf_rbuFPlbUSeU5Y59VvhwMf_bGLb7dzAy3

bckI9xnIxwr3sDYS0d3E2dUUTHdcrIX_LPAItavc

mZQEhK_9LEj0B85Oj7wCWsSONgMXwWJtm4hCK1yQ

ulfxqstzyDxRrqAWXJstQyxBH2PLZW3tJM9YdfQe

ieJeOwCTeFbQn8VjT6KJAVkhyZf7OvUkZqK6Izg3

z7ivnA227ox5uRqtQUMMUi7pN2NPj98FCkboF79o

OVC_ZyauwYD-p3oemSvkSqD8S5w5m8ZSvjK9k7nl

8GWLNZvweAWHWV8hGzIs5J6AGctiRJNm5wxMnWhP

1zQaPbJ0xafdPJqTSNMq6eQc2XvQbO1CzlI6rSgI

T7A3_lnLE1o1HchwabNyPHKA6yKCKh3OXFt3fBF7

PysA_MO0I-uIR_DK_8Pz88lCBFS1JxmZCqvNjV1L

H3F71SUtQy5BSyNHF8_bkuWZqcNhjiVU2EQQ24tx

1BFKowJ541mH7h-exdVA3FKQLEjTM0IuXO-PuF9e

jUsgOjCWirF7aul7qae3BSktGxCR4cfHNwQt0O2b

• Like 14

Kris

Top marks on the tank and base, but if I might make a suggestion? I think the figures need a matt finish - I see so many dioramas and vignettes which I think are spoiled because of this as the reflective sheen makes the figures appear toy-like.

Regards

J A.

• Like 1

Thank you Ozzy and Johnny. Everybody feel free to any suggestions.

I can't figured out what I am doing wrong with the figures? I use the same matt paint - Tamiya XF-86 Flat Clear on the tank and figures. Tank has a quite good matt, but figures always shine. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kris B said:

Everybody feel free to any suggestions.

Are you sure? ;) I'm reticent to comment on RFI because most people seem only to give compliments. If I was submitting a build, I would expect people to be more analytical and be almost as critical as I am towards myself.

I'll just give you a few tips about what I would have done (and, indeed, did — I've built the KV-1 Ehkranami version of this kit and really enjoyed it). It seems that KV track guards didn't last long before damage, so I took a segment out of mine and replaced it with some brass, then damaged it. I can't make up my mind whether your modulation may be a little too subtle under the weathering — a problem which I have suffered several times so far — but that is a matter of taste. And I think that the big turret KVs cry out for a hand-painted slogan. If you have no decals, try an artist's fine-tipped white paint marker, which is what I used in lieu of the kit decals. For your shiny figures, I'm sure than a brushable matte varnish such as AK Ultra Matte would flatten them, but I don't know how it happened either.

Edited by Ade H

Thank you for constructive opinion. That is what I am looking for. I should damage the fenders - it be looking more natural. I didn't use the decals, because everybody has the kit ones. Hand written slogan could add more to the model. 

I will try this Matt on those figures. 

• Like 1

Hi Chris,

My first reaction was... you guessed it.... those figures need a matt coat!  My second reaction was that the tank was actually extremely good.... excellent in fact. My third reaction was that the base was pretty damned excellent too. And it really was in that order.

This just goes to show that figures can make or break a diorama in respect of their painting.

So get that matt coat on ASAP! 

I use Winsor and Newton's Galeria Acrylic Varnishes and their matt varnish would take the shine off the sun, it's that good! (strictly speaking the sun is not gloss, but hey!) I've never once had a problem with it.

One more thing, if I may, and again it's in respect of the figures. It just looks odd to me that the tank has snapped a track but the crew don't seem too bothered to rush to fix it. Maybe the female comrade has distracted them? If I were the commander I'd be livid! ;)

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

That is impressive Kris - but I agree with the others - a matt coat on the figures would improve the overall scene. Very well done otherwise though. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

You broke the track!!  Those KVs were sure ugly and that turret is a huge target.

The base is excellent, I really like the grass and good thing the track broke as you were about to scrunch those innocent flowers. The

paint job and weathering on the tank is great but I agree it could use some graffiti or identification or something to break up that mass of turret sidewall.

That girl is sure outnumbered, glad she's an officer.......

Lloyd

Ditto, ditto and er....ditto. Maybe they've been waiting for her to come and show them how to fix the track! One thing that I like about the figures is the poses. They do look natural.

John.

Thanks lad for honest comments - I am appreciate them.

As I said before - figures are quite rare with my models, and personal I think those are ones of the worse I ever painted.

Excellent Kris ... what amuses me is the expressions on the faces of the crew....they are obviously quite taken with the young lady  :D.  Are they Trumpy figures as well ?

BillyD