Airfix 1/350 Trafalgar Class HMS Tireless

Hi all

Having spent many an hour browsing through the top quality and thoroughly inspiring builds on display on Britmodeller, I thought I would take the plunge and share my recently completed Airfix 1/350 scale Trafalgar class submarine, HMS Tireless.  I converted this to a waterline display, which took a little fettling to get right (well, to my eyes anyway :smile:).  The sea base was made by following the technique of another Britmodeller member (Thanks to Swordfish Fairey), which utilised an A4 photo frame stippled with Vallejo "water effects" and then some "Foam snow" for the white water.

Many thanks.

36515308851_590412e2b1_b.jpg

36653571445_95ba51ab0b_b.jpg

36515306311_b4c7c45d5a_b.jpg

Edited by Barrie Durrant
problems viewing pictures
  • Like 27

Hi all

Apologies if the piccies are not showing.  I used Apple Cloud to display them first time around, and although this seemed to work at first, they quickly disappeared for some unknown reason.  I replaced them with links using google and they are still showing as far as I can tell.

Any help or advice on the best way to display pictures would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

On 17/08/2017 at 20:21, Martian Hale said:

Not getting any pictures here?

Martian

Pictures reposted....hopefully they will remain that way this time :D

On 17/08/2017 at 21:56, keefr22 said:

Nor here...

Pictures reposted....hopefully they will remain that way this time :D

Great to see the photos now and it looks great only thing I would suggest is the water looks a little flat like a matt finish

I use Halfords clear coat lacquer on my sea bases to give it a high gloss finish a wet look if you like

beefy

49 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

Great to see the photos now and it looks great only thing I would suggest is the water looks a little flat like a matt finish

I use Halfords clear coat lacquer on my sea bases to give it a high gloss finish a wet look if you like

beefy

Thanks for the feedback beefy.....Next time round I'll give the base an extra gloss layer.

Cheers

Barrie

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...