Info on 1/8th scale bike kits.

Scratchbuilder

Hi all,

I was recently lent three 1/8th scale model Vincents built from kits, to help me with my making a 1/6th scale master.  I assumed the models were all from the one basic kit/one set of masters, but today I looked again and found that one of them is an altogether more refined job, except for it having photo-etched wheels.

Now I am aware of this model being done in this scale and in white metal by initially, Big 6 Classic Replicas at the behest of the Vincent club. It was also subsequently done by Bellini, RAE and Classic Motorcycles at least!  But was it one of these companies that had a new master made?

Certainly old man Bellm (of Bellini) could afford to, without a moment's thought, but as RAE cast his little model cars range (for which I did about 20 masters) AND marketed the Vincent, I assume that Bellini's version would have been the original. Classic Motorcycles is not know to me.

Can anyone cast any definite light on this subject for me?

The "better" model has more detailed seat dampers, bracketry, twist grips, seat, name plates, etc.  Plus those 'Orrible p/e wheels. Tyres are also very different.

TIA,

Martin

• Like 1