Norwegian Starfighter

Hi everyone

Let me present my F104 G in the colours of 331 squadron, Royal Norwegian Air Force in the early 70's started for the NATO Warsaw pact 70's GB. Unfortunately it wasn't finished in time.

Hasegawa kit in 1/48 with wings, tailplanes and underwing pylons from the DACO improvement set and Catamaran launchers from the Eduard Brassin set.

Bang seat - Quickboost

Pitot - Master

Pints - Alclad

Decals - Armycast

And a massive thanks to all helped and advised on this build as I really had no idea about the intricacies of the Starfighter before hand. 

And a huge thanks to Boman for the bulged gear bay doors.

Questions and comments most welcome.

Thanks

James

IMG_1754

IMG_1752

IMG_1750

IMG_1749

IMG_1755

IMG_1756

IMG_1762

IMG_1763

IMG_1764

Edited by franky boy
  • Like 42
  • Thanks 1

Hello Franky,

Job well done. I can still see them thundering along the runway in Bodo.

And no steep climb, but a gradually (Slow!!!) climb into the distance.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands. 

• Like 1

Great model!

I really like those strange white winged Zippers!

Ungortinately one cannot make out the immaculate rivetless Daco wings in the photos, but I guess it makes a huge diffetencd in this scheme!

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 1

Hello chaps

Thanks for the kind words and likes.

23 hours ago, Darby said:

Alclad in pints? :elephant: Other beverages are available. Very nice indeed.

Darby. Your about right, this thing has pretty much cleaned me out of Alclad. Saying that i bet it could drink more pints of Alclad than i can beer these days!

12 hours ago, Hewy said:

Great to see it finished james, it looks superb, really like how the scheme has turned out too, worth the wait

Glynn

Thanks Glynn. Lets hope the 60's edition gets through the vote in November, I have a liking for one of the NMF Luftwaffe machines. Or maybe even an Su-9 like your recent build.

9 hours ago, Orion said:

Hello Franky,

Job well done. I can still see them thundering along the runway in Bodo.

And no steep climb, but a gradually (Slow!!!) climb into the distance.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands. 

Thanks Orion. I've watched a few films on youtube of 104's taking of. That J 79 makes a hell of a screech, it must have been quite a site in the flesh.

8 hours ago, exdraken said:

Great model!

I really like those strange white winged Zippers!

Ungortinately one cannot make out the immaculate rivetless Daco wings in the photos, but I guess it makes a huge diffetencd in this scheme!

Thanks exdraken. The picture below is for you. Those wings without rivets make all the difference in this colour scheme i think.

IMG_1751

Thanks again 

James

• Like 4

Screeching is the word !, As a kids I saw them oftenly, but the most impressive sight has been 2 Starfighter in the Meuse valley.

I mean under the height of the cliffes ! waoooow ! I feeled it deep into my guts. I yelled, I was exhilarated, then I noticed that I was surely the only one that has find it wonderfull !

Another great moment of solitude !

Very nice job !!

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 1

Great build of a great subject. Caught up with one of these in the excellent aviation museum in Bodo (spoiled only by the rather poor lighting) late last year and have had one on my build list for some time now.

Thanks for sharing

• Like 1