1/72 Eduard Supermarine Spitfire F Mk.IX with resin engine

Here are some completed build pics of my Eduard 1/72 Spitfire F Mk.IX, with Brassin engine set. 

The model was painted with AK Interactive Air Series colours, sprayed at 11 PSI, using my Sparmax Max3 airbrush. The model and engine were also weathered using AK Interactive products. 

413510678.jpg

413510679.jpg

413510680.jpg

413510683.jpg

• Like 37

That is berzerk! In my previous incarnation as a kit-basher back in the 70's-80's that sort of phenomenal detail was the purview of 1/32 scale and bigger only!

How was the Eduard kit as a build in general? They do an interesting range of Spits to be sure.

Thank you everyone for the comments, 

10 hours ago, Gazontipede said:

That is berzerk! In my previous incarnation as a kit-basher back in the 70's-80's that sort of phenomenal detail was the purview of 1/32 scale and bigger only!

How was the Eduard kit as a build in general? They do an interesting range of Spits to be sure.

The kit was very good, no putty was required at all. The detailed was equivalent to that of their 1/48 Spitfires.

• Like 1

Thanks Sam! They certainly come up an absolute treat in the hands of a someone with serious skills like yourself.

So, theoretically, they should look okay after a ham-fisted maniac like me has had a go. I've got my beady little eye on their bubble-top Mk.XVI. I may have to risk the wrath of the missus and grab one...

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

Looks nice mate but the pictures could be better, cause it looks like the  exhaust stacks are on the wrong sides because the fishtails are swooping up slightly? 

Yeah the exhausts do sweep upwards slightly, which I found odd, but that is what was instructed.