Need help with my Mosquito

Corsairfoxfouruncle

Help !!! I need a bit of help with my Mossie. The problem im having is the area directly behind where the Radiators are located on the lower wing. Tamiya has you glue a vent cover over the area so that its mostly closed. Probably correct for a parked aircraft (not sure as im not a Mossie expert). My problem is the area located under the louver door is still visible. Is it painted the same as the rest of the underwing in the medium grey ? In they interior Grey/green ?  Or would it be left a bare metal ? The instructions don't say which.  Any help you can give me is as always greatly appreciated. And in case anyone is curious ive opted for the "Banff Strike Wing" markings of #143 squadron. 

I needed to shelve my RN FG.1 & RAF F.3 Lightnings for the moment as im out of the Proper colors to paint both. So i started the Mossie.

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
Additional
  • Like 1

Fwiw i'd say msg (or the colour the rest of the wing is).  I'd imagine that it wouldn't have been left bare metal.  I did a strike wing mosquito (airfix 1/48) and did the area you're on about sky (due to the scheme i did) but put some staning on it out a bit past the "door"

not got a photo to back it up - just mho ;)

• Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:57 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Help !!! I need a bit of help with my Mossie. The problem im having is the area directly behind where the Radiators are located on the lower wing. Tamiya has you glue a vent cover over the area so that its mostly closed. Probably correct for a parked aircraft (not sure as im not a Mossie expert). My problem is the area located under the louver door is still visible. Is it painted the same as the rest of the underwing in the medium grey ? In they interior Grey/green ?  Or would it be left a bare metal ? The instructions don't say which.  Any help you can give me is as always greatly appreciated. And in case anyone is curious ive opted for the "Banff Strike Wing" markings of #143 squadron. 

I needed to shelve my RN FG.1 & RAF F.3 Lightnings for the moment as im out of the Proper colors to paint both. So i started the Mossie.

See the link to a walkaround on this site- granted it's under restoration and might/might not be accurate, but it's a start! Scroll down to see the few photos on the radiator/oil cooler exit area. I will look through my other photo references this week end to see if I can find something more definite. Hadn't thought about that part of the kit until you brought it up....oboy, more research!

Mike

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234995969-de-havilland-dh98-mosquito-gun-nose-variants/

• Thanks 1

Good references but not quite what i need. There are two photos showing the front of the radiator and the flap drooping down behind it but im trying to see whats behind the radiator and above/inside that flap. My best personal guess would be interior green leading back to the underside MS grey. As this to me would be considered an interior section until you get past the flap. Or maybe its all underside MS grey. Oh well it wont pe painted for a little while so i have time to wait. Good news is i have my Dark sea grey for my FG.1 so i can get back to that soon enough. 

• Like 1