Spitfire pair in 1/48 scale.

Yes you may well reel back in horror as you realise these are not the latest all singing all dancing Eduardagawafix kits.I got two for a tenner at my LMS in the Revell

sale and for that price I don't have to worry how they turn out! Monogram released this kit in 1979 with a plethora of fault's lack of gull wing being one but a fair few 

more but that shouldn't mean they don't deserve to be built,the mold's are as good as new and a lovely decal sheet is supplied only one scheme though so I think I

will finish the second one as the yellow nosed trainer from Airfix's recent boxing albeit I think that was a Mk1,so grab your rose tinted glasses and let's have some fun!

Box art first.

revell03959reviewbf_1

Hi folk's,decal sheet.

20170816_124056

Wing and fuselage part's cut off,cleaned up and basic painting on interior's.

20170816_123937

and interior painting and dry brushing started.

20170816_124034

20170816_142026_0

Edited by stevej60
added photo.
  • Like 1

Hi folk's scraping,sanding and swearing has got me this far.

20170817_214141

Still seen worse in my time,poorest area thankfull underneath on the fuselage/wing joint's a "touch" filler required!

20170818_140154

On 8/16/2017 at 0:36 PM, stevej60 said:

Yes you may well reel back in horror as you realise these are not the latest all singing all dancing Eduardagawafix kits.

and for that price I don't have to worry how they turn out! Monogram released this kit in 1979 with a plethora of fault's lack of gull wing being one but a fair few 

more but that shouldn't mean they don't deserve to be built,

so grab your rose tinted glasses and let's have some fun!

Burn the heretic, burn him!

• Like 1

On 16/08/2017 at 12:36, stevej60 said:

Monogram released this kit in 1979 with a plethora of fault's lack of gull wing being one but a fair few 

more

No, it was always a Revell mould, (along with a P-40E, P-51D and the joker in the  pack, the still blinkin' good  Bf109G-10) 

Revell and Monogram merged it may have been done in a Monogram box, though Monogram did a Mk.IX back in the 60's though.

I got one back then,  and still have the remains somewhere (a "friend" flew it out the window) but it's looks decent shape wise from what I can remember and looking at your construction shots.

(it certainly doesn't have the enlarged thrust line of the old Airfix Vb) 

The review at the time said it was a foot short on wingspan,  can't remember if the 'gull wing' was mentioned.   The main visible glitches are the wheel,  exhausts and prop blades? 

The prop wasn't correct for a Mk.II either,   but some Airfix and Eduard leftovers could be  of use here ;)

neat work Steve,

cheers

T

Edited by Troy Smith
  • Like 1