British 6-Pound Anti-Tank Gun

ShaunJ25

Hi

This is my Tamiya 1/35 British 6-Pounder Anti-Tank Gun.

This is mostly complete but I was curious to see what suggestions you would have. I still need to put a matte varnish over the gun so it isnt as shiny and I would like to find something else to use as the camo netting. I do plan to get some sand bags and put them infront of the gun too. Its hard to see in the pictures but I have used some washes on it too.

Any suggestions, comments are greatly appreciated.

Sorry if the images are a bit blurry.

DSC_0061[1]

DSC_0062[1]DSC_0063[1]

DSC_0064[1]

DSC_0065[1]

Thanks

Shaun

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Nice vingette Shaun, you could try cutting foil from wine bottles to produce scrim for the cam net.

Thank you. I would like to find some netting that is a little more dense but thats a good idea :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I think AFV club do various coloured cam nets, a little tighter weave.

Ah yeah so they do, it looks pretty good. Thanks a lot :)

• Like 1

I think the rounded embrasure looks better.

One thought on the sand bags, I've never been a fan of injection sandbags, they look to rigid for my tastes. I would suggest you check out TheTerrainTutor on YouTube. He has a great video that shows how to make just this kind of setup out of miliput or air drying clay.

Edited by bull-nut
  • Like 1

Ive used both rolled gauze and cheesecloth for camouflage netting dyed with watercolor paint. I like the idea of heavy foil like that for scrim. I like the round layout on the bags but i agree plastic sand bags dont look right to my eye. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

I used the toiled paper to do the sand bags. One of the leaf I rolled and flattered. Then I chopped them for small sections and using the strip of another one I wrapped them and on one end use piece of string. That how they looks. 

k7cFr3UIcISEzumz2VGnJECGHRJqgaoX_nM5gQfF

• Like 1

On 19/08/2017 at 22:22, bull-nut said:

I think the rounded embrasure looks better.

One thought on the sand bags, I've never been a fan of injection sandbags, they look to rigid for my tastes. I would suggest you check out TheTerrainTutor on YouTube. He has a great video that shows how to make just this kind of setup out of miliput or air drying clay.

Thanks for your comment. I agree that they do look too rigid so next time I will try clay but once they have been painted and weathered a bit I think they will look alright :)

On 20/08/2017 at 01:35, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Ive used both rolled gauze and cheesecloth for camouflage netting dyed with watercolor paint. I like the idea of heavy foil like that for scrim. I like the round layout on the bags but i agree plastic sand bags dont look right to my eye. 

Thats a good idea with the rolled gauze and cheesecloth, I'll have a look into it but I was thinking about just buying some 1/35 scale camo netting as they will have the leaves on them etc

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/08/2017 at 10:13, Kris B said:

Lil' update :) So the sandbag wall is built and painted. I am sorry to those who said I should do circular but I decided to go square simply because the sandbags are solid and when they are placed in a circular shape they leave big gaps whereas you dont get this with a square shape. I tried to use some washes to make it a bit less monotone and add some depth which is hard to see in the pictures but I need to work on them some more anyway. (Also wish I had removed the moulding seam lines before I painted them :( ) Also now has barbed wire  :) 

DSC_0084[1]

I have also build a new little shelf thing for my models to sit on which I am pretty proud of :D I have added some LED's to the underside as the shelf would create a shadow which hides the models below, so now they stand out a lot more :) 

DSC_0082[1]DSC_0083[1]

Thanks for looking :D Also big thank you to those who have followed this thread :) 

Edited by ShaunJ25