XRZeCSK.jpg

jd1hrm2.jpg

40f3Yxj.jpg

byO5shZ.jpg

gCfOukK.jpg

pjJnebv.jpg

Pf7PCep.jpg

bXzbT3L.jpg

This was a enjoyable build. I used oils for the first time on this, for the whitewash streaks, and for the wooden box/tools (And some grime streaks), and I found them to be useful, so will most likely purchase a few more shades to use on my next model. As for the weathering, I am not 100% on it, however, I doubt I will ever be 100% on any model I make.

The figures provided by Tamiya, were, in my opinion, quite good, with facial detail that lended itself well to my novice figure-painting skills. 

• Like 15

29 minutes ago, BlackMax12 said:

Looks good Sairou.  I'm about to try my first ever whitewash job and hope it turns out half as good as this.

Lloyd

Thank you! I used the hairspray method, which I have used in the past. My advice is definitely to mix some brown into your white, to make it less stark. It really pays off. The technique of streaking white oil paint also, imo, is a simple thing that looks really good.

Looking great Sairou. How did you get your tracks and running gear looking like that? I have just completed my first model and in my head, the colour of your tracks are closer to what I wanted. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikeron said:

Looking great Sairou. How did you get your tracks and running gear looking like that? I have just completed my first model and in my head, the colour of your tracks are closer to what I wanted. 

The tracks for me were an experiment, using Ak Interactive's 'Track Colour' (Or was it mig ammo? I don't know, I didn't buy it myself).

Other than that, the process was normal for me, going paint->varnish->wash->dark dirt pigment->light dirt pigment->dark steel pigment. The same process goes for the rest of the running gear, however, there was an element of blending on the wheels, to keep a difference between the rubber rims and wheel.

Also, it's ironic, because for my next panzer (The panzer i) I plan on doing a very light dusty weathering, like your panzer ii. 

Thanks for the kind replies, all.

Edited by Sairou
  • Like 1

Love the weathering and that bloke looks Cold! You might want to try replacing the antennae with a straight item. I use .025" evergreen rod (not completely accurate as they should taper to a point) either 57mm long or 40mm long.

Tom

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Modelholic said:

Love the weathering and that bloke looks Cold! You might want to try replacing the antennae with a straight item. I use .025" evergreen rod (not completely accurate as they should taper to a point) either 57mm long or 40mm long.

Tom

Yes, I am aware that it is inaccurate to actual period antenna. I plan on manufacturing a new, straight one, with stretched sprue when I scratch build something else for another model.