Stug III C/D by Bronco

Just finished decals and painting tools etc. so I'm going to try my first attempt at a winter camo job.  This is a cheap little kit so if I botch it

too badly it's not a big loss.  What the heck, it could even be a knocked out Stug for that matter if the paint job goes south.

Stole (er borrowed) a can of the chief's hairspray and tomorrow I'll see how hard it is to remove white in places.

Fingers crossed.

Lloyd

This is my first ever attempt at the hairspray, white paint and toothbrush attack on an unsuspecting model.  Dangerous weapons in the hands of an unskilled worker.

This whitewash camo job has really seen some harsh weather and it's pretty beat up.

Dirty up the wheels and tracks, some chipping here and there and call it quits.

LDN8Bee.jpgwfaRFjG.jpgKsDsSrt.jpgAfvk4AC.jpgv8UKzbp.jpgDbvNkE3.jpg

• Like 5

Ah, the only German tank that appeals to me (anything based on a 3). Nice job Lloyd. I've never attempted the hair spray method before, but  might give it a go sometime. Yours has turned out really well.

John.

Thanks guys

It's a bit of a mess isn't it?  Sure shows that the whitewash wasn't  permanent  but washed away at random.

I don't know how this was to blend in against a snowy background.

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12

Added a faded bit of white in places that I had scrubbed too thin.  Then some Valejo Oily Brown wash and some light black wash around cracks and crevices and

some serious muck over the undercarriage.

Pretty much finished now.

dJdGgBI.jpgcshncuj.jpgWCKdEPb.jpg3AEw7H3.jpg74pTms5.jpgBpbiXBR.jpgmYs03ft.jpgWlS0aUC.jpg

Which brand/type of hairspray did you use, Lloyd? Might not sell in the UK with the same name, but worth asking. I've used washable agent on a KV, but initial testing with hairspray failed me.

Professional Sebastian Shaper Plus, 300g spray can made in the USA and distributed here in Canada by Proctor & Gamble in Toronto.  Sold in hair salons or so the boss lady tells me.

Andy's Hobby Headquarters has a Youtube tutorial on whitewashing a 1/35 Panther and I shamelessly stole his ideas.

Lloyd

• Thanks 1